latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Customer Referral Program Credits

Home Forums Community Forum Customer Referral Program Credits

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Cristián Lávaque 3 years, 10 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Wednesday Feb 27th, 2013 at 2:45 pm #43343
Josh Buchanan
Username: j0sh

I have been getting familiar with S2Member free for the last couple of weeks, and first off let me say what a fantastic product! Not to mention the most detailed tutorials and helpful knowledge base / forums of any software I have ever used! Thank you for that. This is the first question, of many, that I haven’t been able to find a clear answer to…

I am creating a monthly membership site with only one product, for now, and no variations. I will be using S2Member Pro and Paypal Pro.

What I want to do is have members get credit for referrals. Something like, “Refer 3, get a month free!” I can handle the referral codes, customer credits, database and PHP on my end… What I’m wondering is, can I have S2Member automatically not charge the customer for a month when they’ve earned enough referral credits(that I have kept in a custom DB field), and resume charging the next month. Or do I need to have the customer “claim the credit” through their profile page? Payment modification with a 1 month free trial button, for example.

Thank you so much for the wonderful product and your help!

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Friday Mar 1st, 2013 at 9:13 am #43472

Hi Josh.

Thanks for the kudos! :)

What I’m wondering is, can I have S2Member automatically not charge the customer for a month when they’ve earned enough referral credits(that I have kept in a custom DB field), and resume charging the next month.

No. The payment gateway is the one that manages the subscription and it doesn’t have a way to skip a payment. What you can do, though, is refund the last payment the he did. Would this work for you?

I hope that helps!

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.