latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Customers Upgrading to Higher Level

Home Forums Community Forum Customers Upgrading to Higher Level

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Cristián Lávaque 4 years ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Friday Jan 4th, 2013 at 11:05 pm #36208

Hi, I’ve searched, but couldn’t find what I am looking for… if there’s an existing thread for this issue, please let me know.

My site at http://members.skinnychef.com offers several products, associated with different levels. Each level has unique content. Let’s say a customer purchases level 3, but later also purchases level 4 access: What happens is that their account gets upgraded to level 4, and when they log in, they see the content that’s for level 4. However, if they want to also access the content that’s for level 3, they don’t see it, because they are logged in at level 4.

In reverse, let’s say somebody purchased level 4 access. They’ll see only the content for that level, but not for level 3. Now they want to purchase level 3 – their credit card gets charged, but when they log in, they still only see level 4 (because that login level takes precedence over level 3 content). How do I address concurrent membership in different levels?

Thanks,
Uli

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Saturday Jan 5th, 2013 at 10:43 am #36272

Ok, found the right thread for this question: http://www.s2member.com/forums/topic/members-with-multiple-memberships/

Posted: Monday Jan 7th, 2013 at 5:15 am #36427

Glad you found a thread that helps you. :)

About the content access, s2Member levels give incremental access, so the user will have access to content at his level and the levels below. A level 4 user would have access to content for levels 4, 3, 2, 1, 0 and public.

If you need to make the access specific to that level, then you’d have to use conditionals or custom capabilities.
[hilite path]Dashboard -› s2Member® -› API / Scripting -› Simple/Shortcode Conditionals -> Example 3[/hilite]
Video » s2Member (Custom Capabilities)

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.