latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Customize Billing Start Date

Home Forums Community Forum Customize Billing Start Date

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Bruce 3 years, 11 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Wednesday Feb 6th, 2013 at 9:46 pm #40955
John Moore
Username: jbmoore

Hi,

As a PayPal Developer I know that with Payments Pro you can customize the recurring billing start date. With the pro version (using Payments Pro) is this functionality also available. (I have a customer that might need this)

Thanks..

John..

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Thursday Feb 7th, 2013 at 7:36 pm #41117
Bruce
Username: Bruce
Staff Member

Thank you for your inquiry.

I’m reviewing this thread now.

Posted: Thursday Feb 7th, 2013 at 7:43 pm #41123
Bruce
Staff Member

As a PayPal Developer I know that with Payments Pro you can customize the recurring billing start date. With the pro version (using Payments Pro) is this functionality also available. (I have a customer that might need this)

With s2Member, you can set the start date of your subscription using the Trial functionality provided at the top of every Shortcode Generator.

The trial amount and trial period are both saved into attribute of the Shortcode that you generate here. You will need to change this amount based on the current date, which means you need to use variables in your Shortcode.

See Knowledge Base » Using Variables In A Shortcode
See Also: Dashboard -› s2Member® -› PayPal® Pro Forms -› Shortcode Attributes (Explained)

Let us know if you have any further questions/concerns. :-)

Posted: Friday Feb 8th, 2013 at 1:35 am #41176
John Moore
Username: jbmoore

Bruce,

Thanks for the reply.

I saw that as well, but I don’t think that will work. The reason is that this client would have wanted the “billing” to occur on the 5th of each month. Since users come in at different dates and “join” it would have to be a variable based on a calculation. Possible with some Javascript, and fairly easy to do in a static HTML page but this gets more complicated within WordPress.. The real solution is to use the start date found in Payments Pro.

So that brings me back to my original question (reworded for what I hope is clarity): “In the Pro version that supports Payments Pro, is the Start Date functionality found in Payments Pro surfaced?”

Thanks…

Posted: Saturday Feb 9th, 2013 at 11:06 pm #41288
Bruce
Staff Member

So that brings me back to my original question (reworded for what I hope is clarity): “In the Pro version that supports Payments Pro, is the Start Date functionality found in Payments Pro surfaced?”

No, this unfortunately is not directly supported. The way mentioned in my original reply is the only way to accomplish this.

I’ll take this as a feature request for a future version of s2Member.

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.