latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Customize Login screen

Home Forums Community Forum Customize Login screen

This topic contains 5 replies, has 4 voices. Last updated by  Bruce 4 years, 8 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Saturday Apr 14th, 2012 at 3:37 pm #10814
Dave Pitman
Username: davep

Just fired up the free framework to evaluate, and right off, the login screen has been taken over by s2Member.

While the front-end (WP dashboard) interface for customizing the login page is nice for the folks that haven’t touched theirs, it is just a bunch more work for those of us that have already implemented a custom skin for our login page. I would rather spend my time on other things.

Is there a way to just “say no” to s2Member’s insistence that the skin must be styled within the plugin?

back to looking around the plugin….Thanks.

• This topic was modified 4 years, 8 months ago by  Dave Pitman.

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Saturday Apr 14th, 2012 at 5:53 pm #10822
Eduan
Username: Eduan

Hello Dave, thanks for your inquiry.

You can customize the s2Member logo and other aspects of the login/registration page, within s2Member.

You can do this under Dashboard -› s2Member® -› General Options -› Login/Registration Design.

Hope this helps. :)

Posted: Saturday Apr 14th, 2012 at 6:54 pm #10826
Dave Pitman

Eduán

Thanks for your reply. However, you may wish to re-read my original post.

I see that I can style the login from within s2Memeber.

My hope was to NOT have s2Member involve itself with the login page at all.

I have already customized it, and s2Member is destroying my work.

Perhaps include a checkbox in s2Member’s Login settings “DO NOT Style Login Page, tick the box.”

Thanks.

Posted: Monday Apr 16th, 2012 at 6:12 pm #10937
Raam Dev
Username: Raam
Staff Member

Hi Dave,

You can disable s2Member’s Login customizations by adding the following code to wp-content/mu-plugins/s2hacks.php (create the file if it doesn’t already exist):

<?php
add_action("ws_plugin__s2member_after_loaded", "remove_s2member_login_customizations"); 
function remove_s2member_login_customizations()
    {
        remove_action("login_head", "c_ws_plugin__s2member_login_customizations::login_header_styles");
        remove_filter("login_headerurl", "c_ws_plugin__s2member_login_customizations::login_header_url");
        remove_filter("login_headertitle", "c_ws_plugin__s2member_login_customizations::login_header_title");
        remove_action("login_footer", "c_ws_plugin__s2member_login_customizations::login_footer_design");
    }
?>
Posted: Monday Apr 16th, 2012 at 10:35 pm #10961
Dave Pitman

Hi Raam,

For standard wp, what would be the path to place the file?

It doesn’t currently exist, and it doesn’t seem to make any difference if I place it in any of the s2Member folders within the Plugins folder.

wp-content/plugins/s2hacks.php

or

wp-content/plugins/s2member/s2hacks.php

or

wp-content/plugins/s2member-files/s2hacks.php

Thanks.

Posted: Monday Apr 16th, 2012 at 11:51 pm #10966
Bruce
Username: Bruce
Staff Member

Hi Dave,

You will need to create the /mu-plugins directory within /wp-content for this to work.

Create the s2hacks.php file, and create that folder/directory and move it into there, so the path would look like:

wp-content/mu-plugins/s2hacks.php
Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.