latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Customizing The PayPal Pro Registration Page

Home Forums Community Forum Customizing The PayPal Pro Registration Page

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices. Last updated by  Jason (Lead Developer) 3 years, 11 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Thursday Jan 17th, 2013 at 9:45 pm #37994
Mack Biggs
Username: MackBIggs

I need to customize the PayPal Pro Registration Page:
[s2Member-Pro-PayPal-Form register="1" level="0" ccaps="" desc="Signup now, it's Free!" custom="manikaofficialmusic.com" tp="0" tt="D" captcha="clean" /]

Not only do I need to modify the css (I can do most of that) in my themes CSS Stylesheet, I need to change the wording of this forms content. How do I do that without changing the Plugin’s code. It would be lost in the event of an upgrade.

I have moved a copy of the paypal-registration-form.php into my themes file, however, I am confused. Is this meant to be a “Template” ??? How do I use this now???

It would be real nice to have a video tutorial on this topic.

Thanks in advance for your support.
I want to do something like this: http://ownwp.com/ownwp-register/

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Sunday Jan 20th, 2013 at 12:11 am #38390
Staff Member

Thanks for your inquiry. ~ We appreciate your patience :-)

Thanks in advance for your support.
I want to do something like this: http://ownwp.com/ownwp-register/

Just to note. The registration form you see here is powered by BuddyPress together with s2Member®. So if you want something just like this, you could install BuddyPress together with s2Member®. These two applications work very well together.

I have moved a copy of the paypal-registration-form.php into my themes file, however, I am confused. Is this meant to be a “Template” ??? How do I use this now???

Exactly. Please see this FAQ entry for details about this.
Pre Sale FAQs » Is it possible to modify s2Member® Pro Form templates?

Posted: Sunday Jan 20th, 2013 at 7:06 pm #38525
Mack Biggs
Username: MackBIggs

I have read everything. I still don’t know what to do next. I have the file in my theme>
What is the next step (s)??

Thanks for your support.

Posted: Tuesday Jan 22nd, 2013 at 9:00 pm #39095
Bruce
Username: Bruce
Staff Member

I have read everything. I still don’t know what to do next. I have the file in my theme>
What is the next step (s)??

After moving the template file from s2Member Pro’s template directory (/s2member-pro/includes/templates/), to your working theme’s directory (/wp-content/themes/yourtheme/, replacing “yourtheme” with your currently activated theme’s direcotry), s2Member will now use the file within your theme’s directory, rather than the file that it defaults to within s2Member’s templates file.

Because this file is now outside of s2Member’s directory, you should now be able to edit the template directly, with your favorite text editor. This new file will not be overridden when s2Member updates, which would happen when editing the file directly.

Now that you can edit this template, you can change things about the layout of the form, and labels directly.

For example, s2Member writes the label Username at line 69 of paypal-checkout-form.php:

<span><?php echo _x ("Username ( lowercase letters and/or numbers )", "s2member-front", "s2member"); ?> *</span><br />

To change “Username” to “Nicename”, you would change the above line to:

<span><?php echo _x ("Nicename ( lowercase letters and/or numbers )", "s2member-front", "s2member"); ?> *</span><br />

If you’d like to have multiple templates for your Pro Forms, you can copy and rename the template file and make multiple copies within your theme’s directory. Then, you can use the template=”” attribute in your Pro Form shortcodes to specify which template any particular Pro Form should use.

Info: Pre Sale FAQs » Is it possible to modify s2Member® Pro Form templates?

Posted: Tuesday Jan 22nd, 2013 at 9:10 pm #39102
Staff Member

Thanks for the follow-up :-)

There is a step-by-step KB article that I’ve put together here in response to this question.
http://www.s2member.com/kb/pro-forms/#customizing-pro-forms

Please let us know if any other questions/concerns :-)

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.