latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Dashboard

Home Forums Community Forum Dashboard

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Cristián Lávaque 3 years, 3 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Thursday Sep 19th, 2013 at 4:58 am #59692

Hi,

I really like the s2member plugin. I understand the process of restricting a page only to registered members. However, I want to apply a custom role that I have created using another plugin, and I want the registered user to go to the wordpress dashboard via the login welcome page to play that role. I am not sure whether the login credentials to the wp dashboard are same to the login credentials of s2member. I would really appreciate any help regarding this problem.

Thank you

Best regards,
Arifur Rahman

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Saturday Sep 21st, 2013 at 9:10 pm #59753

Well, s2Member levels are WP roles, and those are the roles s2Member gives the user when he purchases a level.

If you want users to be able to do other things, I’ve seen site owners edit the s2Member level roles to give them other capabilities. If you do that, keep this in mind: Knowledge Base » Locking s2Member Roles/Capabilities

Another option may be selling custom capabilities instead of levels, these will be capabilities added to the user, independent of his role. Video » s2Member (Custom Capabilities)

I hope that helps. :)

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.