latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Date based EOT – feature asked about before –

Home Forums Community Forum Date based EOT – feature asked about before –

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Bruce 3 years, 10 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Saturday Feb 16th, 2013 at 11:15 am #41949

Many people have asked and are still asking about EOT based on specific date – will this be a functionality of s2members anytime soon, magic members offers the feature but I would rather stay with s2.

i.e. i would like to create a button that sells memberships (specifically custom capabilities) from anytime before september to be valid up until december 31, 2012,, Iwould like an autorenew or auro EOT term notification too.

is this a feature request (in the works?)

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Monday Feb 18th, 2013 at 8:16 am #42247
Bruce
Username: Bruce
Staff Member

Thank you for your inquiry.

Many people have asked and are still asking about EOT based on specific date – will this be a functionality of s2members anytime soon, magic members offers the feature but I would rather stay with s2.

I’ve put in a feature request for this. In the meantime this is not possible with s2Member.

Posted: Monday Feb 18th, 2013 at 8:26 am #42248

Ok so i have to work around for now…. and given that your direction is to promote CCAPS…i try that…

I was hoping for autorenewal that comes with EOT on levels…i believe CCAPS can be paired with levels – butthis doesnt solve my EOT based on date issue

and I don’t like that at the end of term, a user is demoted to lowest level and capabilities are removed ? (correct me here) – iif all protected pages were level 1, with a ccap and level 1 ran out of time, ccaps remained – non members would no longer have access and all it would take is repurchase of level if ccaps remained…also manually updating levels seems easier than manually updating ccaps.

CCAPS can be sold as Buy Now one time…

Here is the deal I can sell a “date based CCAPS” every year, but I would have to update all the pages with next years ccap that was being sold to everyone and I would have to remove old ccaps from pages, (i could leave hem around if the demoted users ccaps were wiped out in this instance…..

What do you suggest given your knowledge of the current direction and priority list of updates, can you suggest a workaround otu of this?

thanks

Posted: Wednesday Feb 20th, 2013 at 11:18 pm #42629
Bruce
Staff Member

and I don’t like that at the end of term, a user is demoted to lowest level and capabilities are removed ? (correct me here) – iif all protected pages were level 1, with a ccap and level 1 ran out of time, ccaps remained – non members would no longer have access and all it would take is repurchase of level if ccaps remained…also manually updating levels seems easier than manually updating ccaps.

That’s correct.

Here is the deal I can sell a “date based CCAPS” every year, but I would have to update all the pages with next years ccap that was being sold to everyone and I would have to remove old ccaps from pages, (i could leave hem around if the demoted users ccaps were wiped out in this instance…..

What do you suggest given your knowledge of the current direction and priority list of updates, can you suggest a workaround otu of this?

Yes this would work as well. You can sell One-Time Custom Capabilities, and update your pages to be protected by a new Custom Capability every year. Then Users will need to upgrade to have access. Unforunately mass updating Posts to be protected by a different Custom Capability is not currently possible. You may want to do something creative with custom code in your theme’s template file to protect them by a single Custom Capability using Advanced PHP Conditionals.

See: Dashboard -› s2Member® -› API / Scripting -› Advanced PHP Conditionals

Posted: Wednesday Feb 20th, 2013 at 11:30 pm #42632

Another feature request – can you replace the need for PHP with Ruby Slippers…there’s no place like home there’s no place like home

I like how you can set a user level to a whole bunch of pages within the s2 dashboard –

it is my understanding that s2 is going the way of ccaps – at least in the videos it is touted as preferred and in keeping with the future s2 –

when will ccaps be able to be added to multiple pages in the dashboard –

is this part and parcel of the issues with working with the serialized arrays in the wp-usermeta that s2 relies on – it has been awhile since I have heard anything about it, but about six months ago there was discussion from s2 regarding

the “imminent” move away from the serialized array structure….is that still in the works

if not –

can you guys write a translater plugin so s2 / custom / user meta can be easily pulled into other plugins. – the s2 export engine might be the clue to how that can be done? – just taking a stab at it out of desperation :)

Posted: Friday Feb 22nd, 2013 at 8:59 pm #42878
Bruce
Staff Member

Thanks for the follow-up.

when will ccaps be able to be added to multiple pages in the dashboard –

is this part and parcel of the issues with working with the serialized arrays in the wp-usermeta that s2 relies on – it has been awhile since I have heard anything about it, but about six months ago there was discussion from s2 regarding

This is something that our development team is hard at work with right now. The way that s2Member’s Capabilities and Roles will be made much easier to edit for developers in the database. For now, this is not possible. I’m very sorry.

I will put in a feature request and see if this is a simple fix that could be added in a maintenance release of s2Member. Currently there is no solid release date for the version of s2Member that will have these features.

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.