latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Deactivating S2 leaves S2 member levels?

Home Forums Community Forum Deactivating S2 leaves S2 member levels?

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices. Last updated by  David Welch 4 years, 10 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Sunday Feb 26th, 2012 at 3:05 pm #6465
Jim Acker
Username: Jimefire

I have deactivated S2 until I am sure that it will work for me. However, in doing so, I see that all the S2 member levels still exist in WordPress now.

Why are they still here and how do I get rid of them?

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Wednesday Feb 29th, 2012 at 4:44 pm #6811
David Welch
Username: dwbiz05

Deactivating is not the same as un-installing.

s2member stores those values in the standard wordpress options table in the standard wordpress array.

So they probably only remove them during the plugin removal process instead of adding and removing every time the plugin is activated and deactivated.

Dave

Posted: Wednesday Feb 29th, 2012 at 5:00 pm #6814
Jim Acker
Username: Jimefire

First I deactivated it, then I deleted it, both from the WP Dashboard.

All the S2 user categories remain.

Posted: Wednesday Feb 29th, 2012 at 6:02 pm #6819
David Welch
Username: dwbiz05

Hmm the only reason I could think of for leaving them in there is just in case the are in use by some members when the plugin is deleted. Being linked to a non-existant role would probably cause some errors for users.

Anyway, I just tried this plugin and it looks like it works pretty well: User Role Editor

You can find it by searching the new plugins section of your wordpress install.

You can edit role capabilities but it also offers the option to create or delete user roles.

Hope that helps

Dave

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.