latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Default MailChimp Integration Fields?

Home Forums Community Forum Default MailChimp Integration Fields?

Tagged: 

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Cristián Lávaque 4 years, 7 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Thursday May 17th, 2012 at 3:57 pm #13790

I’ve done a bunch of searches for this topic but haven’t been able find just the right answer.

What are the default s2Member fields that get passed to MailChimp when a user registers at my site?

And a follow-up question: how are those fields mapped to MailChimp fields? Do they need to have the exact same name or something? For example, if I created a MailChimp field called “login” would that info from s2Member be inserted when someone registers, whereas if I called it “username” it would fail?

Another follow-up: are custom registration fields included? For example, I have added a field that appears on the registration form for “location”. Will that be passed to MailChimp by default as long as I have setup a corresponding MailChimp field?

Note that I’m just asking about the default fields that are passed. I have found some threads related to passing custom fields but I’m not ready to tackle that yet, hopefully I won’t need to.

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Friday May 18th, 2012 at 5:26 pm #13908

Hi Paul.

Here you can see the code that prepares the merge fields for MailChimp. http://www.s2member.com/codex/stable/source/s2member/includes/classes/list-servers.inc.php/#src_doc_line_71

I think they’re these lines:
[hilite pre_code]
$mailchimp["merge_array"] = array ("MERGE1" => $fname, "MERGE2" => $lname, "OPTIN_IP" => $ip, "OPTIN_TIME" => date ("Y-m-d H:i:s"));
$mailchimp["merge_array"] = ($mailchimp["interest_groups"]) ? array_merge ($mailchimp["merge_array"], $mailchimp["interest_groups"]) : $mailchimp["merge_array"];
[/hilite]

So the default fields that get sent seem to be first and last names, IP address, opt-in time and MailChimp’s interest groups.

With the merge fields hack, using the filter for this array, you can add more. I guess that’s the hack you say having found in other threads.

I hope that helps. :)

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.