latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Default Values for Custom Reg Fields

Home Forums Community Forum Default Values for Custom Reg Fields

Tagged: 

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Cristián Lávaque 4 years, 2 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Thursday Oct 11th, 2012 at 2:05 am #28081

I’ve setup a couple custom registration fields that are completely invisible to the user (during and after registration) that I use to manage user specific metadata. As a part of the setup, I filled in the default value in the form.

I assume that the normal functionality is that this value will be loaded in upon member creation. Mine, however, is blank.

So two questions:

Should this function as I expect?

– and –

If it is not functioning correctly, any hints on where to start troubleshooting?

Thanks!

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Thursday Oct 11th, 2012 at 7:41 am #28105

I just tested this in my WP installation, creating a custom profile field hidden on registration and profile, with a default value, and registered an account. The custom profile field wasn’t there on registration, but is in the profile page when I’m logged in as the admin, and it has the default value I gave it.

I’d first make sure that the custom field you created was saved correctly and with the default value.

Then I’d check for a theme or plugin conflict that may be causing this. To test the theme, change to the default TwentyEleven and try again. To test plugins, deactivate them one by one, testing after each to see if the problem continues.

Let me know how it goes! :)

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.