latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Delaying Content Access

Home Forums Community Forum Delaying Content Access

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Eduan 3 years, 11 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Friday Feb 8th, 2013 at 9:15 am #41201
Meagan Visser
Username: Meagan

Hi there. I’m brand new to S2Member and testing it on my first e-course before I purchase the full version.

My question is this.

I’m creating e-courses on different topics. Each e-course is available at different times during the year. This first one will be in session for 1 week next month. What I want to do is open registration (I want people to pay and be able to login to their account, then be redirected to the Welcome Page only which will say the course will start on the 2nd), but I don’t want then to be able to access the class info until the date the class is supposed to start.

Since I’m new, I may be missing a few things.

Is there a way to allow L1 members to login and access the welcome page only… then on the day the course starts, give access to the rest of the pages?

Maybe restrict the course category or specific pages to L2 so L1 can’t see them and then unrestrict it when the course start date comes around?

Also, I’ve set my Buy Now button up for 1 week access since that’s how long each course is in session for, but I think that won’t work since members would pay and register before the course actually starts. I don’t mind giving 1 month access… as long as I can restrict the course content until the start date.

Thanks!

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Saturday Feb 9th, 2013 at 10:41 pm #41283
Eduan
Username: Eduan

Hello Meagan,

You might be interested in s2Member’s content dripping capabilities, which you can find under Dashboard -› s2Member® -› API / Scripting -› Content Dripping.

You can read more about them here: Knowledge Base » Introduction to Content Dripping in s2Member®

– Eduan

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.