latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Deleting users causes PHP time out

Home Forums Community Forum Deleting users causes PHP time out

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Bruce 3 years, 9 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Monday Apr 1st, 2013 at 6:37 am #46266
Tom
Username: halasyt

Hi,
I just noticed that when I try to delete multiple users, s2 causes the operation to become reeeeaaaaalllly slow, and times out in 30 secs with only 4-6 users deleted. I increased the max_execution_time to 60, and got a whopping 9 users deleted before timing out.

I’m sure this is s2’s fault, since when I deactivate the plugin, user deletion speeds up again. But of course this doesn’t solve anything, since the user metadata from s2 are left behind in the DB.

What can I do about this? I know s2 is slow when it comes to searching/manipulating WP users, you’ve been saying this will be fixed in a major release. When is it due out?

Tom

Ps.: Interestingly, bulk user import is lightning fast.

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Monday Apr 1st, 2013 at 8:07 pm #46323
Bruce
Username: Bruce
Staff Member

Thank you for reporting this important issue.

I just tested this on a development server, and it appears to be working just fine for me.

I’d recommend testing your server. You can find our Server Check Tool here:

Knowledge Base » s2Member® Server Scanner

Posted: Tuesday Apr 2nd, 2013 at 2:21 am #46344
Tom
Username: halasyt

Thanks, I did it and it’s showing a few errors, but it’s weird since these settings are set in my php.ini file.
I’m on localhost with this site, could that be the problem?

[ERROR] PHP Short Open Tag: < ? – This is aleady set to on.

[ERROR] PHP Echo Tag: – This is aleady set to on.

[ERROR] cURL Extension / Or fopen() URL – This is aleady set to on.

[ERROR] OpenSSL Extension With openssl_sign() – I’m not using anything that needs SSL.

[WARNING] Plugin Directory Checksum (s2member-pro) – This one is probably because I modified a few files, just css changes.

Posted: Wednesday Apr 3rd, 2013 at 3:43 pm #46492
Bruce
Username: Bruce
Staff Member

Thanks, I did it and it’s showing a few errors, but it’s weird since these settings are set in my php.ini file.
I’m on localhost with this site, could that be the problem?

It’s possible that you running on a local environment may be causing issues. Your computer’s resources aren’t geared toward what s2Member needs. I’d recommend setting up your testing environment on an actual server. In my experience WAMP/MAMP is great for general testing and setup, but bulk mySQL changes, and large processes can cause an issue.

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.