latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Demoting after cancel recurring payment

Home Forums Community Forum Demoting after cancel recurring payment

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Mira Concepts 3 years, 11 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Wednesday Jan 16th, 2013 at 12:35 pm #37779

I’m using the “yearly, recurring for ongoing access” option with Google. It charges for one year upfront for immediate access with the recurring subscription set up for later.

This all works fine, until a user cancels the “recurring subscription” part of their payment from inside Google Wallet. When they do this, even though their “first payment for immediate access” remains, s2member Demotes them immediately.

How can I make it so the user may cancel only the recurring part of their subscription inside Google Wallet, but still allow them access for the first year which they’ve already paid for?

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Thursday Jan 17th, 2013 at 4:37 pm #37939
Staff Member

Thanks for reporting this important issue.

This should be happening by default. The fact that it’s not would indicate, to me, there is a deeper issue on your installation. Please enable s2Member’s logging routines here and the next time this happens please send us your log files for review so we can help you understand what the real issue is.

See: Dashboard -› s2Member® -› Google® Checkout Options -› Account Details -› Logging
Please submit log files privately: s2Member® » Private Contact Form

Posted: Friday Jan 18th, 2013 at 4:40 pm #38175

I just updated s2member (from the last version) to Version 130116 + s2Member Pro v130116, then did a test and it has not auto Demoted yet. It’s been about an hour since I canceled the subscription.

If it does happen again I’ll definitely submit logs.

Thank you :)

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.