latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

$####DESPERATE What Am I Missing Here?….

Home Forums Community Forum $####DESPERATE What Am I Missing Here?….

This topic contains 11 replies, has 4 voices. Last updated by  Eduan 4 years ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Tuesday Jan 1st, 2013 at 7:25 am #35879
Michael D
Username: michael

Hi there I hope someone help me here cause I lost 2 days researching and trying to make s2member work with no luck. I just want to configure a free registration members area for my costumers, I am not a paid member.

Ive created my login welcome page and the membership options page (Both empty) then I set to “yes allow open registration”, then Ive created a post and from the dropdown menu I set to “level 0 or higher” and then when I visit my members link I can see my posts without need to register.

What da h….l am I missing?

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 11 replies - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Tuesday Jan 1st, 2013 at 9:46 am #35888
tim smith
Username: rocipo

log out of wordpress admin?

Posted: Tuesday Jan 1st, 2013 at 10:00 am #35889
Michael D

yeah, forgot to mention that, I am previewing the changes logging out and in a different browser, also clearing cookies.

what I want is to hie all content, anyone visiting the link find the registration form, and register before seeing the posts. Thats it…

• This reply was modified 4 years ago by  Michael D.
Posted: Tuesday Jan 1st, 2013 at 10:22 am #35892
Carme J
Username: minda

did you complete all the necessary configurations? There is no problem with mine.

Posted: Tuesday Jan 1st, 2013 at 12:00 pm #35894
Michael D

“necessary configurations,…” that’s what I am trying to figure out. I did what was in the video tutorials, created the login welcome page, the membership options page and then I set the open registration tab into the general options to “yes allow open registration, FREE subscribers level 0”, and pretty much that’s what I did. Clearly I am missing something along the process to get this work and I don’t know what?

I have created a blog post and from the drop down menu I choose “require level 0 or higher”. Then when I go to the blog I can see the posts, no login page nothing. What do I need to do to hide the content?

Posted: Tuesday Jan 1st, 2013 at 1:29 pm #35902
Eduan
Username: Eduan

Hello Michael,

I would suggest you check under Dashboard -› s2Member® -› Restriction Options -› Alternative View Protection and make sure the necessary settings are set for your needs.

Also if you just want to protect the entire website then you can just put a “/” (without the quotes) inside Dashboard -› s2Member® -› Restriction Options -› URI Access Restrictions.

– Eduan

Posted: Tuesday Jan 1st, 2013 at 4:15 pm #35919
Michael D

Hi Eduan, thank you so much for the response! Its works now. When I create a post and preview it in another browser where I am not logged in it redirects me to the “members options page”. So what do I do now? How do I place the registration form there?

• This reply was modified 4 years ago by  Michael D.
Posted: Tuesday Jan 1st, 2013 at 4:22 pm #35921
Eduan

In order to put a pro-form in your MOP (membership options page) you need to have the pro version of s2Member.

So the best you can do there is offer a PayPal button or a link to the free registration page (http://www.yourwebsite.com/wp-login.php?action=register). You can find some PayPal button generators under Dashboard -› s2Member® -› PayPal® Buttons -› Membership Level # Buttons. Although yu need to setup your PayPal info first Dashboard -› s2Member® -› PayPal® Options -› Account Details.

– Eduan

Posted: Tuesday Jan 1st, 2013 at 4:43 pm #35925
Michael D

Thanks, does s2member works ok with thessis theme? When I activate it I get some awful error, so I switched back to the default theme and now its ok. If it doesnt can you please recommend me some nice content management theme similar to Thessisthat that integrates well with s2member. Thank you.

Posted: Tuesday Jan 1st, 2013 at 4:51 pm #35927
Eduan

I’m afraid I’m not familiar with Thesis, and/or various themes.

The best way to find out is to find a theme that you like and try it with s2Member, if it doesn’t work the contact the theme developer to see what he can do about it. If it works great!

Basically what I suggest you do is that you contact the developer of the Thesis theme and see what he can do about the error, if he can’t do anything about it then find another theme.

– Eduan

Posted: Tuesday Jan 1st, 2013 at 4:54 pm #35928
Michael D

ok thanks, the important thing is that you helped me solved the initial problem so thank you very much for your help. God bless you. Will try to find another theme see what happens.

Michael

Posted: Tuesday Jan 1st, 2013 at 5:08 pm #35930
Eduan

Glad I was able to help Michael, hope you find a theme you like that works. :)

– Eduan

Viewing 11 replies - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.