latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Detect when user in trail period ?

Home Forums Community Forum Detect when user in trail period ?

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Cristián Lávaque 3 years, 5 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Friday Jul 12th, 2013 at 7:29 am #53341

Hi,

Whats the best way in php/shortcode to detect if a user is in a trail period before first payment is taken.

Best regards
Steve

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Saturday Jul 13th, 2013 at 5:44 am #53374

The way I’d probably do it is check with PHP what his paid signup time is and see if today is still within the period I give for free. The documentation here may be helpful: [hilite path]Dashboard -› s2Member® -› API / Scripting -› Content Dripping[/hilite]

Posted: Monday Jul 15th, 2013 at 7:19 am #53460

Hi,
Gave it a try and didn’t seem to do what I wanted it to do as the dates “level” and “level0” where the same.

In this particular case I have made the user signup to a recurring subscription, taking the credit card details etc, but with a 30 day trial before any payment. The user can then cancel within the 30 days for no charge. So I did a test signup this morning and got, both dates the same, even though no payment has yet been taken. (using paypal)

a:2:{s:5:"level";i:1373883640;s:6:"level1";i:1373883640;}

any suggestions, currently thinking of hooking the incoming recurring payment notification and setting a flag to say a payment has been made. (If flag not set then still in trial period)

Posted: Tuesday Jul 16th, 2013 at 6:48 am #53500

any suggestions, currently thinking of hooking the incoming recurring payment notification and setting a flag to say a payment has been made. (If flag not set then still in trial period)

That could work.

Or you could check the level1 time and if he’s still s2member_level1 and hasn’t been domoted after 30 days (after the first payment happens).

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.