latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Dev purchase for a client?

Home Forums Community Forum Dev purchase for a client?

This topic contains 7 replies, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Cristián Lávaque 4 years, 7 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Friday May 18th, 2012 at 6:36 pm #13918

How do I go about purchasing a license for my client’s site? I’d like to purchase it for them, since I’ll be doing all of the maintenance. I have a couple of questions for the customer support forum, but if I can, I’d really like to log in with the same account I’ve been using in the forums already (which isn’t currently a paid account).

I’m a registered affiliate, so obviously I’d like the purchase to go through there. I could make a new account as if I were the client and buy a license, and though it would be an honest endeavor on my part, it would probably seem fishy on your end to see me purchasing a license through my own affiliate account by using a new account.

What to do?

Also, any progress in making an EOT not cause a user’s CCAPs to be erased? Jason said it was coming before the end of 2011, but I’ve tried to check every change log that comes out with new versions and haven’t seen a fix. I’ve avoided upgrading my version because I had to hack the core, as per Jason’s instructions. See this forum thread: http://www.primothemes.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=15597&p=48792#p48792

Thanks!

Kenny

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Friday May 18th, 2012 at 11:23 pm #13951

Hi Kenny.

Thanks for asking. That’s perfectly fine with us. http://www.s2member.com/prices/#s2-terms-license-types

Please note… if you’re a developer, your clients will need to purchase their own Single-Site and/or Unlimited-Site License. We will not support s2Member® Product instances on domains that you do NOT own and operate yourself. We invite all developers to join our affiliate program, and refer their clients to s2Member.com, where your clients may purchase an s2Member® Product of their own. This also gives your clients access to future releases.

About the ccaps and EOT, I’m pretty sure it hasn’t changed yet. What you can do for updates, is download the plugin and apply your edit to the file again before uploading it via FTP to the site. Antoher thing you could try is uploading the edited file to the [hilite mono]/wp-content/mu-plugins/[/hilite] directory which loads first.

I hope that helps!

Posted: Monday May 21st, 2012 at 4:23 pm #14093

So, I can purchase the license for my client under my account and use it for their site? Then I can repeat that for a different client in the future?

Posted: Monday May 21st, 2012 at 4:35 pm #14095

No, not under your account, then it’d be your license. It’d have to be your customer’s account, even if you manage it while you work for him. :)

Posted: Monday May 21st, 2012 at 4:43 pm #14096

Got it. I’m sure you’re aware that’s not ideal for a dev, but I can see how it makes things a ton easier on your end.

Feature request: Be able to log into my current forum account and get support on behalf of any client accounts I manage as a dev. That would aggregate my answers in one place for me and also give you a real # of actual people behind the # of registered accounts.

Cheers!

Posted: Monday May 21st, 2012 at 4:52 pm #14098

Yeah, I know it’s not ideal, but it’s what makes more sense for now.

It’s like with domain names: when I purchased them for a client, at first I registered them under my name and later it was a problem, so I started registering them under their name and they properly owned them. True, I had to logi nto more accounts to manage them, but it wasn’t that bad.

Request received. I’ll talk with Jason to see what could be done about this. :)

Posted: Monday May 21st, 2012 at 5:06 pm #14101

Glad to hear I’m not the only one that made that mistake :) Same thing with putting up several sites on shared hosting. Finally figured out that separate hosting via an affiliate account or a reseller account was a much better solution for that. No different than the setup here at s2member, so I understand.

I’ve seen a few more account management systems trending to allow for an adjunct dev account with permission to access the account but not have ownership, but not many. It’s a pretty niche need. But the ones I do see I really appreciate!

Waiting on client approval, then I’ll grab that license and fire a couple of questions your way. I don’t think we technically need the pro version, but I do need some support answers, so it’s all the same to me.

Thanks again for your amazing support.

Posted: Monday May 21st, 2012 at 5:34 pm #14103

You’re welcome! Glad to help.

Yeah, I can see the advantage of adding a manager to the account. We’ll see what we can do. We want s2Member to be dev friendly, that’s why we have the source open and the codex as well, so we’ll try to help with this as well. :)

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.