latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Developer needed for Affiliate extention

Home Forums Community Forum Unofficial Extensions/Hacks Developer needed for Affiliate extention

This topic contains 11 replies, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Cristián Lávaque 4 years, 9 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Friday Mar 30th, 2012 at 2:44 pm #9593
Adam Tal
Username: baduist

I need someone to help me figure out affiliate commissions with s2m. either by integrating some other piece of software or writing something from scratch….

I’ll ba happy to pay for the job, and whatever we create we can probably sell (or release for to the community free).

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 11 replies - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Saturday Mar 31st, 2012 at 2:45 am #9639

Hi Adam.

This video on integrating s2Member with iDevAffiliate may help you:

But you can integrate with several solutions using the Tracking or Notifications APIs.

Here’s another plugin that I know some use with s2Member. http://www.tipsandtricks-hq.com/wordpress-affiliate/integrating-s2member-plugin-with-the-wp-affiliate-software-368

I hope that helps. :)

Posted: Sunday Apr 1st, 2012 at 7:59 am #9692
Adam Tal

Thanks, Cristián!

If I understand correctly using ‘payment notifications’ is the way to integrate and affiliate program for recurring commissions?

In other words, only setting up Sign up Tracking Codes will only notify affiliates of the initial sign up regardless of
payments and subscription lifespan?

Posted: Sunday Apr 1st, 2012 at 8:02 am #9693
Adam Tal

Just wanna make sure I understand this correctly:

1. Basically the it works for recurring commissions is that I set up notifications, and my software gets an update whenever a payment is made. When I stop getting payments I stop giving commissions (i.e. I do not get a notification of cancelations, and cannot inform my affiliates that there’s has been a cancelation).

2. What about refunds? Assuming I’ve decided to issue a refund, is there a way for me to detect which affiliate brought in the commission and update their payments accordingly?

Posted: Monday Apr 2nd, 2012 at 5:43 am #9752

Tracking loads your code in the page that corresponds to the kind of tracking, so you can use JavaScript or an image there, for example.

Notification will load a URL you enter, so you can use it to run other scripts you create, or connect to a service’s API, for example.

For refunds, you may want to look at the Cancellation Notifications. [hilite path]Dashboard -› s2Member® -› API / Notifications -› Cancellation Notifications[/hilite]

Posted: Monday Apr 2nd, 2012 at 6:55 am #9755
Adam Tal

Ok so now the question is, which affiliate system supports the cancelation notification thingy?

Does iDev support it? (I don’t remember seeing anything about it in the video but I might have missed it, as I wasn’t really following step by step)

Thanks!

Posted: Monday Apr 2nd, 2012 at 7:45 pm #9816

You should contact the iiDev people and ask them how you can update an affiliate’s commission when someone cancels, and how the API URL for that would be, then you can fill in the values with the replacement codes in the s2Member notification.

Posted: Tuesday Apr 3rd, 2012 at 11:34 am #9872
Adam Tal

Has it been done before?

I’m just trying to save some time, and instead of trying 10 different systems (that all cost money), I’d like just know in advance that this could be done.

Posted: Tuesday Apr 3rd, 2012 at 12:02 pm #9877
Adam Tal

btw I’m not lazy, just can’t seem to find any related posts as the term “idevaffiliates” appears on almost every page of the website :) So I can’t really search properly…

Posted: Wednesday Apr 4th, 2012 at 4:17 am #10018

Yeah, it appears often here. I did a quick Google search and found their support site, you should be able to get an answer from them on what API URL you should use for what you want. http://www.idevsupport.com/

Posted: Wednesday Apr 4th, 2012 at 10:24 am #10036
Adam Tal
Posted: Wednesday Apr 4th, 2012 at 7:11 pm #10104

Great! Glad you found that. I had forgetting about that post and didn’t find it when I did a quick search. Thanks for mentioning it here, it’ll help others as well. :)

Viewing 11 replies - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.