latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Difference between paid member and non paid

Home Forums Community Forum Difference between paid member and non paid

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices. Last updated by  Cristián Lávaque 4 years, 1 month ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Tuesday Dec 4th, 2012 at 7:37 am #33426

Hello,
i have a simple question. I have website where people can pay for the membership (level 3) and then some people just get it because they “deserved” it. So on My Account page i am trying to show some information depending on weather people are paid level 3 member or if they are simple member of the 3rd level and did not pay for it.
is there a conditional tag or a meta data that i can extract from the account that can show the difference?

thanks for your help!

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Tuesday Dec 4th, 2012 at 1:37 pm #33452
Bruce
Username: Bruce
Staff Member

Hi Anton,

I recommend setting up a custom capability for this. Just add a capability like “paid3” to your Pro Form within ccaps=””. You can then use a coditional like this:

[s2If current_user_is(s2member_level3) && current_user_can(access_s2member_ccap_paid3)]
	This user is a *paid access* level 3 member
[/s2If]

[s2If current_user_is(s2member_level3) && !current_user_can(access_s2member_ccap_paid3)]
	This user is *not* a paid level 3 member, but *is* level 3
[/s2If]
Posted: Wednesday Dec 5th, 2012 at 12:36 pm #33582

good thinking bruce. will do that!
thanks!

Posted: Wednesday Dec 5th, 2012 at 2:29 pm #33597
Bruce
Username: Bruce
Staff Member

Great. Let us know if you have any issues with that.

Posted: Thursday Dec 6th, 2012 at 10:25 pm #33837

is there a conditional tag or a meta data that i can extract from the account that can show the difference?

If the access is the same, I guess you can give both the same level or ccap, instead of mixing them. To differentiate free from paid, you could create a custom profile field hidden from the user, just for you. [hilite path]Dashboard -› s2Member® -› General Options -› Registration/Profile Fields[/hilite]

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.