latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

different EOTs for different capabilities

Home Forums Community Forum Unofficial Extensions/Hacks different EOTs for different capabilities

Tagged: ,

This topic contains 9 replies, has 3 voices. Last updated by  Eduan 4 years, 5 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Wednesday Aug 8th, 2012 at 10:46 am #21519

Hi there,
this is my scenario:
i have a website where the users can purchase different courses, let’s say course A, course B, course C, etc
i set the courses through custom capabilities
now, when the user logs in, he/she can display the EOT
currently this code works fine:

<?php
$s2member_auto_eot_time = get_user_field('s2member_auto_eot_time');
if (!empty($s2member_auto_eot_time)&& current_user_can ("access_s2member_ccap_coursea"))

echo &#039;<h6>Membership "course A" expires on ' . date('M-d-Y', $s2member_auto_eot_time) . '</h6>';
?&gt;

the problem is when the same user buys another course (so he gets another capability)
let’s say that he bought course A on 5th of August, and then he buys course B on 8th of August
as in the user admin panel i can only set one EOT, how can i display them?
thanks!

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 9 replies - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Wednesday Aug 8th, 2012 at 7:32 pm #21561
Jason k
Username: kstyles662

Mystica,

Unfortunately, EOT time only works in two ways.

NOTE: THIS ONLY APPLIES IF YOU ARE USING BUY NOW TRANSACTIONS(FIXED TERM). IF USING RECURRING OPTIONS THE SECOND(two) ONE IS THE ONE THE SYSTEM USES BY DEFAULT AND CANT BE CHANGED IN ANY SETTINGS.

ONE: everytime a user purchases something, the eot time gets reset to the new eot of whatever they just purchased.

TWO: everytime a user purchases something, the eot gets extended the old eot plus the new eot. ex. he had 3 months left then he bought something that has 4 months access. he now has 7 months remaining.

These options can be selected by going to s2member -> PayPal Options -> Automatic EOT Behavior

So in short, what you need is not something that can be accomplished with the plugin system by default.

It can be accomplished through some custom coding and database work by any freelancer like me or others.

Feel free to contact me for hire.

Thanks.
Jason K.

Posted: Thursday Aug 9th, 2012 at 3:48 am #21597

Hi Jason,
thanks for your reply
do you know if there is a plugin that can accomplish my needs?
otherwise, what is your fee to get the job done?
thanks again

Posted: Thursday Aug 9th, 2012 at 9:38 am #21629
Eduan
Username: Eduan

Hello Mystica,

I believe Jason is right, although you might be able to modify this behavior a bit under Dashboard -› s2Member® -› PayPal® Options -› Automatic EOT Behavior.

Hope this helps. :)

Posted: Thursday Aug 9th, 2012 at 9:45 am #21632
Jason k

Mystica,

Yeah unfortunately, not that i am aware of and doubt it since this is pretty custom.
Heard they are planning to eventually add the ability to do this but just a rumor so far.

I have implemented this in a couple projects. Where each capability has its own eot times.

Thanks for the interest but i prefer to not state pricing in the forum. Contact me in private or via http://www.kstylesdesigns.com and i can get you a quote. Just mention your “Mystica” in the message.

And once we can talk, shouldnt take no more than a day or two to put into place depending on your needs.

Eudan,

I have been wondering how to put that breadcrumb type of direction in here all pretty like you did. Can you tell me how?

Thanks,
Jason

Posted: Thursday Aug 9th, 2012 at 11:57 am #21638
Eduan

Hello Jason,

I use the path tags:
[hilite path]your path[/hilite]

But I believe you wouldn’t be able to use them, only support reps can use them (which I am technically not, but have the ccap of, thanks to Jason). Actually these forums started with me as a support rep, but it limited the amount of help that I could give, so I told Jason to make me a customer, but still have the abilities of a support rep.

That also explains why I can move posts, edit others’ posts, etc.

Does that answer your question?

Posted: Thursday Aug 9th, 2012 at 11:59 am #21639
Jason k

yep that makes sense and explains it all.

Thanks,
Jason K

Posted: Thursday Aug 9th, 2012 at 12:38 pm #21642
Eduan

Also, in the old forums, we used the following format:

<strong><em>your path</em></strong>

Hope this helps. :)

Posted: Thursday Aug 9th, 2012 at 7:12 pm #21668
Jason k

Ok Thanks

Eduan -> Cool -> Dude

Posted: Friday Aug 10th, 2012 at 3:51 pm #21729
Eduan

:)

Viewing 9 replies - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.