latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Different profile fields + advanced search

Home Forums Community Forum Different profile fields + advanced search

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices. Last updated by  kansas kansas 3 years, 9 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Saturday Mar 9th, 2013 at 1:20 am #44140

Hi

I have 4 questions regarding if it is possible with the lite if not then with the pro version:

1. Is it possible to get two different roles (e.g. company and person) that have different profile fields?

2. Can these different profiles have different groups in the profile e.g. for picture upload of recent work for the Person profile? The Company shouldn’t have that.

3. Can the different User (Company and Person) get a different theme?

4. Is it possible to search for the user profiles in buddypress in detail?
After I search for users and got the results I would like to have on the widget sidebar more options to refine the search.

E.g. when I’m searching for someone in a special city and get the results it would be great to refine it without doing a new search and putting in the same information again plus the new refining.

Besides that it would be great if the search could exist twice. One for one user group (e.g. cpmpany) and one for another user group (e.g. persons). Would this be possible too? Maybe if the search is integrated in different pages?

My versions:
Wordpress 3.5.1
Buddypress 1.6.4

Thanks a lot

• This topic was modified 3 years, 10 months ago by  Eduan. Reason: Moved to the pre-sale questions forum

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Friday Mar 15th, 2013 at 5:56 pm #44761
Bruce
Username: Bruce
Staff Member

Thank-you for your inquiry.

We are very sorry for the delay.

1. Is it possible to get two different roles (e.g. company and person) that have different profile fields?

s2Member’s membership levels are incremental, meaning that a User that’s s2Member Level 2 would have access to everything that’s restricted at s2Member Level 0, and s2Member Level 1, as well as s2Member Level 2.

Custom Capabilities, however, are not incremental. This feature of s2Member is available in both the Framework (free) and s2Member Pro. You can set up separate Custom Capabilities for your different types of Users and use only 1 Membership Level to have them sign up. The only issue that I can forsee here is that Custom Registration/Profile fields are not available to be restricted by Custom Capability yet. If you’d like to do this it will require some custom code to accomplish.

For the best information on how Custom Capabilities work, see:
Dashboard -› s2Member® -› API / Scripting -› Custom Capabilities

See Also: Video » s2Member (Custom Capabilities)

We do have plans on adding the ability to restrict Profile/Registration Forms by Custom Capability in a future version of s2Member, but there is currently no time frame for when this might be available.

For info on using custom code to achieve this, you can refer to this thread:

http://www.s2member.com/forums/topic/custom-capability-control-over-custom-fields/

2. Can these different profiles have different groups in the profile e.g. for picture upload of recent work for the Person profile? The Company shouldn’t have that.

This is not something that s2Member supports by default. However, you may be able to accomplish this with another plugin. Perhaps this one will work for you:

http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/nextgen-public-uploader/

You should be able to block access to the uploader with s2Member’s Simple Shortcode Conditionals. Find info on these here:

Dashboard -› s2Member® -› API / Scripting -› Simple/Shortcode Conditionals

3. Can the different User (Company and Person) get a different theme?

I’m unsure if this is possible, as I’ve never dealt with this. I imagine it would cause conflicts unless you have one main theme that integrates with s2Member’s Custom Capability API, and changes based on the User’s Custom Capabilities. I would recommend asking about this on the official WordPress Support Forums for more info.

See: http://wordpress.org/support/

You can use the Advanced PHP Conditionals provided by s2Member to enable this change after you discover how to accomplish it.

See: Dashboard -› s2Member® -› API / Scripting -› Advanced PHP Conditionals

4. Is it possible to search for the user profiles in buddypress in detail?
After I search for users and got the results I would like to have on the widget sidebar more options to refine the search.

This is not something that I believe is available directly through BuddyPress. There may be a plugin or solution available, though. I would recommend posting this on the BuddyPress Forums for info on how this might be possible.

See: http://buddypress.org/support/

Let us know if you have any further questions/concerns. :-)

Posted: Friday Mar 15th, 2013 at 8:10 pm #44867

Thank you Bruce for the detailed response :)

I’ll try to figure it out how I can solve to open points.

Thanks a lot

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.