latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Different reg form for buy now customers

Home Forums Community Forum Different reg form for buy now customers

This topic contains 7 replies, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Cristián Lávaque 4 years, 8 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Wednesday Apr 18th, 2012 at 6:40 am #11095
Epix Media
Username: epixmedia

I had a quick search but couldn’t find any threads on this subject – Is it possible to have a different registration form for use with paypal buy now buttons?

The site I’m working on has silver and gold membership but they want other customers to be able to sign up and pay for 1 off face-to-face training courses….

Thanks as always :)

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Thursday Apr 19th, 2012 at 4:05 am #11194

Hmm… I’m not sure how to do that with buy-now buttons. It’d be simpler with the pro-form, cause then you use a customized one for the buy-now transaction, but then, if you don’t have PayPal Pro and use Express Checkout, the customer will be required to have a PayPal account, which is not the case in buy-now buttons.

What do you need different in the registration form for buy-now transactions?

Posted: Thursday Apr 19th, 2012 at 6:04 am #11214
Epix Media

Hi Cristian, The two forms are very different, the membership (silver/gold) form collect information about the individual, their contact details etc. But the training form (1 off payment) needs to collect info like number of delegates, course type, date, location, delegates names etc…

The client should be getting a paypal pro account that supports reoccurring billing!

I get the feeling I’ll need to create some complete custom code that doesn’t create a user account…

Cheers :)

Posted: Thursday Apr 19th, 2012 at 11:04 pm #11309

Hmm… If you can give the buy-now customers another level, then you could set the custom profile field for that level only. [hilite path]Dashboard -› s2Member® -› General Options -› Registration/Profile Fields -> Edit field -> Applicable Membership Levels[/hilite]

Posted: Friday Apr 20th, 2012 at 7:21 am #11362
Epix Media

ahhh! I hadn’t noticed that before. That will definitley do the job and should save me a heap of time this afternoon!

Wonderful :)

Posted: Friday Apr 20th, 2012 at 5:16 pm #11421

Cool. :)

You’ll just need to pick the Level properly so access to the content all works the wya you want . Remember that Level access is incremental, higher levels will have access to content for the lower ones as well.

Posted: Saturday Apr 21st, 2012 at 5:08 am #11462
Epix Media

I’ve discovered this won’t work how I need it to, the client needs existing members to be able to buy the training courses at a discount!

I’ve created a simple little plugin instead that allows them to manage bookings that are made via a custom form and posts to paypal for payment, they will have to check payment manually as the IPN is being used by PayPal (can you have more than 1 IPN address with PayPal??)

Thanks anyway :)

Posted: Saturday Apr 21st, 2012 at 5:37 am #11463

PayPal only lets you enter one IPN URL. Go to your Account page and download the Pro Extras zip. Inside you’ll find the file paypal-central-ipn.zip, which may help you.

http://www.s2member.com/account/

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.