latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Different types of members for the same site

Home Forums Community Forum Different types of members for the same site

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Bruce 3 years, 5 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Thursday Aug 8th, 2013 at 4:26 am #55395
nabil sahli
Username: nsahli

Hi,
In my website I have 2 types of members (trainers and trainees). Each has 2 levels (free, premium) and each can access different content. It seems that I cannot assign level 0 and 1 to trainers and 2 and 3 to Trainees as membership Levels provide incremental access. Any solution? using API?

Thank you

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Friday Aug 9th, 2013 at 12:28 am #55468
Bruce
Username: Bruce
Staff Member

Thank you for your inquiry.

To achieve this, you need to use Custom Capabilities. Custom Capabilities are separate from Membership Levels, and unlike Membership Levels, they are non-incremental. You can sell Custom Capabilities through Pro Forms using the ccap attribute, or using Capability Buy-Now Forms:

Dashboard -› s2Member® -› PayPal® Pro Forms -› Shortcode Attributes (Explained)
Dashboard -› s2Member® -› PayPal® Pro Forms -› Capability (Buy Now) Forms

You can restrict content using the same Form as you’d use for Membership Levels:

See: Dashboard -› s2Member® -› API / Scripting -› Custom Capabilities

You can see this video for advanced information on Custom Capabilities:

Video » s2Member (Custom Capabilities)

Posted: Friday Aug 9th, 2013 at 4:21 am #55489
nabil sahli
Username: nsahli

Thanks Bruce,
It looks very possible indeed, but Just to be sure I have understood, I have few questions:
1) when I saw the tutorial videos about the custom cap., I did not see that he is using paypal pro forms, so why did you mention them in your previous reply?
2) When I add custom capabilities, do I still need to define level 0 and 1 in membership level and say for each page if it is requiring level 0 or 1?
3) In the field “require custom capabilities?” (see snapshot you attached), what should I put? the tag like music or video? I did not see anything about it in the tutorials.

Thanks

Posted: Friday Aug 9th, 2013 at 11:42 pm #55513
Bruce
Username: Bruce
Staff Member

1) when I saw the tutorial videos about the custom cap., I did not see that he is using paypal pro forms, so why did you mention them in your previous reply?

Sorry about that, this is also possible with buttons:

Dashboard -› s2Member® -› PayPal® Buttons -› Capability (Buy Now) Buttons
Dashboard -› s2Member® -› PayPal® Buttons -› Shortcode Attributes (Explained)

2) When I add custom capabilities, do I still need to define level 0 and 1 in membership level and say for each page if it is requiring level 0 or 1?

You can use a Membership Level, or a Custom Capability, or a mixture of both to restrict access to your Pages. The way you do this depends on how you want to restrict your content.

3) In the field “require custom capabilities?” (see snapshot you attached), what should I put? the tag like music or video? I did not see anything about it in the tutorials.

You would put the name of your Custom Capability, like video or music, yes.

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.