latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Dirty Trick – Intext ads

Home Forums Community Forum Dirty Trick – Intext ads

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices. Last updated by  Cristián Lávaque 4 years, 11 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Saturday Feb 11th, 2012 at 8:04 pm #4836
BD Dale
Username: briandalegm

S2,

The intext ads were a dirty trick. You could’ve at least put a notice of sorts in the admin function to tell people about this. I am not a paid member yet however, that was uncool. No worries though, I am going into the HTML of my site an removing them. I understand you have to earn revenue but don’t you think it a bit unethical to insert these ads without a can’t miss notice of sorts?

If anyone else is having this issue – no worries – my Youtube channel is whatiswordpress and I will shoot a video tutorial on how to remove these intext ads from your site’s code. Shame on you S2..shame on you :(

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Saturday Feb 11th, 2012 at 8:23 pm #4838
David Welch
Username: dwbiz05

What intext ads are you talking about?
I’ve been using s2member for a couple years now and never had anything added. I only use the free version too, so I don’t know what you’re seeing.

Dave

• This reply was modified 4 years, 11 months ago by  David Welch.
  • This reply was modified 4 years, 11 months ago by  David Welch.
Posted: Saturday Feb 11th, 2012 at 10:19 pm #4852

Hi Dale.

I’m sorry you’re having that problem, but that is absolutely not part of s2Member’s behavior. We include no ad or linking in the content, in no way. Try s2Member in a clean installation of WordPress and you will see, or review the code, which is open, and see if you can find any instance of what you mentioned.

I suggest you investigate other plugins you have running or the possibility of having been hacked to include that.

Please let us know if you spot what the source of this was. I hope you can find it soon.

Posted: Saturday Feb 11th, 2012 at 11:11 pm #4869

This is being continued in the other thread:

http://www.s2member.com/forums/topic/s2-members-be-warned/

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.