latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Disable API Notification

Home Forums Community Forum Disable API Notification

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Cristián Lávaque 4 years, 4 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Thursday Aug 16th, 2012 at 4:24 am #22182
Jeff Starr
Username: JeffStarr

Hey guys,

I’ve got free version of s2member running with the WP Affiliate plugin as described in their documentation. Everything is working almost great, just having an issue with duplicate sales being recorded for affiliates.

From what I can tell, the affiliate script is being notified twice because its URL is auto-included in both the “Payment Notifications” and “Specific Post/Page ~ Sale Notification” fields under “s2Member API / Notifications”.

I think everything would work great if I could stop one of those notifications from happening. How do I do this? I’ve tried just leaving the URL field blank or using a null value for either notification, but something keeps restoring the URL for WP Affiliate.

Hopefully it’s do-able!

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Thursday Aug 16th, 2012 at 8:05 am #22212

Hi Jeff.

So you remove one of the notifications, but it keeps happening? Are you saving the changes after removing it? There’s a button at the bottom of the Notifications API page. [hilite path]Dashboard -› s2Member® -› API / Notifications[/hilite]

Posted: Thursday Aug 16th, 2012 at 1:44 pm #22265
Jeff Starr

Correct, I remove one or both of the notification URLs and they keep coming back. I’ve tried everything including the save button (lol) but no luck. I thought Jason might have a way of either disabling one of the notifications or preventing the auto-inclusion of the affiliate URL.

An easy workaround/solution is to let WP handle access to the “Specific Post/Page” in question, but I would rather let s2Member do it if at all possible..

So to sum up: How do I disable/prevent one of those API Notifications from happening?

Posted: Friday Aug 17th, 2012 at 12:11 am #22296
Jeff Starr

Hey guys,

Apparently a protected post/page is an s2 requirement, so my workaround won’t work.

How do I stop the registration notification from happening, or how do I prevent the URL fields from being auto-populated?

Thanks for any help!

Posted: Friday Aug 17th, 2012 at 8:54 am #22335

Hmm.. since they’re being added there by WP Affiliate, I’d check with the developer for it how he could improve the plugin to not cause you the problem you’re having. I’m sure he’ll be able to help you, since he’s the one that created the integration. :)

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.