latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Disable email notifications: s2Member & WP

Home Forums Community Forum Disable email notifications: s2Member & WP

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice. Last updated by  Dasha Luna 3 years, 8 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Friday May 10th, 2013 at 11:53 am #49696
Dasha Luna
Username: dashaluna

Hello,

I’m using Gravity Forms for user registration and email notifications. As a result I would like to disable both s2Member new user email notification and WP native new user notification.

I’ve set up the setting s2Member->General Options->Email Confuguration->New User Email Configuration = No (default, user WordPress defaults).

I’ve added a must-use plugin as following:

// DO NOT email to user and admin when a new user is registered. GF is doing that instead.
if ( !function_exists('wp_new_user_notification') ) {
	function wp_new_user_notification( $user_id, $plaintext_pass = '' ){}
}

With this code, there is a notice displayed in the Admin saying the following message:

“New User Email Configuration

Conflict warning: You have another theme or plugin installed that is preventing s2Member from controlling this aspect of your installation. When the pluggable function wp_new_user_notification() is handled by another plugin, it’s not possible for s2Member to allow customization of New User Emails. This is NOT a major issue. In fact, in some cases, it might be desirable. That being said, if you DO want to use s2Member’s customization of New User Emails, you will need to deactivate one plugin at a time until this conflict warning goes away.”

Is this just a warning or does it break something? What’s the correct way to disable both(!) s2Member and WP new user notification?

Also, which the current setup: s2Member user notification set to “NO”, it seems that it still takes over the following email’s headers: ‘from’ and ‘from name’. This sounds a bit like a bug.. if the setting is set to “No”, the email headers should be picked up from s2Member settings.

Does anyone know how to fix it? I’ve been trying for over 6 hours now with no much result. I would hugely appreciate any help.

Many thanks,
Dasha

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.