latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Discounts, Member Levels & PayPal Pro

Home Forums Community Forum Discounts, Member Levels & PayPal Pro

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Bruce 3 years, 7 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Monday May 20th, 2013 at 10:01 pm #50243

Hi, I have some questions before purchasing S2Member Pro

1. I want to have different membership levels that give access to different areas. From what I have read, the member levels in S2 are hierachial, as in, whatever level 3 can access, level 4 can access by default. I need to be able to setup different member levels that are not hierarchial. So (if we call them level 3 & level 4) I need level 3 to have access to certain things that level 4 cannot access – and vice-verca. Hopefuly that makes sense.

2. I’m not interested in processing payments on the site, but want to be able to offer coupon codes and some of the other features of S2 Pro. But I would prefer to stick with PayPal Standard and not move to PayPal Pro. Can I still use the Pro Forms WITHOUT using PayPal Pro?

Thanks,

James

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Thursday May 23rd, 2013 at 5:15 am #50428
Bruce
Username: Bruce
Staff Member

Thank you for your inquiry.

I’m very sorry for the delay in response.

1. I want to have different membership levels that give access to different areas. From what I have read, the member levels in S2 are hierachial, as in, whatever level 3 can access, level 4 can access by default. I need to be able to setup different member levels that are not hierarchial. So (if we call them level 3 & level 4) I need level 3 to have access to certain things that level 4 cannot access – and vice-verca. Hopefuly that makes sense.

The only way to accomplish this is to use s2Member’s Custom Capabilities. This video series goes over this. Note that it gets really into detail at a certain point, so you don’t need to watch the entire playlist.

Dashboard -› s2Member® -› API / Scripting -› Custom Capabilities

See Also: Dashboard -› s2Member® -› API / Scripting -› Custom Capabilities

2. I’m not interested in processing payments on the site, but want to be able to offer coupon codes and some of the other features of S2 Pro. But I would prefer to stick with PayPal Standard and not move to PayPal Pro. Can I still use the Pro Forms WITHOUT using PayPal Pro?

You can use PayPal Pro Forms without PayPal Pro, yes. However, you cannot accept Credit Cards on-site without PayPal Pro.

See: Pre Sale FAQs » To use s2Member® Pro Forms, will I have to use PayPal® Pro?

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.