latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Home Forums Community Forum Display Posts from category only if..

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Eduan 4 years, 5 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Wednesday Aug 1st, 2012 at 4:26 am #20890
Ryan Black
Username: mrjack92

Is it possible to have s2member or WordPress filter out the posts based on whether or not a user has access to that level of content?

Specifically, I want to create two versions of a post each time: A full version (only accessible to paying members) and a Preview Version (visible to everyone). I am trying to implement Podcasts with this, and on the preview page I need a different file with the same title, but with a shorter duration. Simply using PHP/API constants won’t work for this situation, since I will not be the one creating the posts, so I would rather avoid having to implement PHP code each time a new Podcast is posted.

I cannot think of any other solutions to this problem, other than creating two versions of the same Podcast, and to do that I have to filter out the posts, based on the users permissions. Does anyone have any ideas on how I can accomplish this?

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Wednesday Aug 1st, 2012 at 8:21 am #20908
Eduan
Username: Eduan

Hello Ryan,

Yes, this is possible, you can check this article that tells you the basics about it:
Knowledge Base » s2Member® Conditionals

And this video:
Video » s2Member (Advanced Conditionals)

Hope this helps. :)

Posted: Thursday Aug 2nd, 2012 at 4:09 am #20978
Ryan Black
Username: mrjack92

Is there a way to accomplish this without having to insert PHP into the post each time a new Podcast is posted?

Posted: Thursday Aug 2nd, 2012 at 9:39 am #21011
Eduan
Username: Eduan

I don’t believe so, sorry.

What you can do though, is have a template with your conditionals ready, and just insert the podcast in between the conditionals.

Please remember that you will require to have a plugin like PHP Execution installed, otherwise the PHP won’t work on posts/pages.

Hope this helps. :)

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.