latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

DO I need to create a login page?

Home Forums Community Forum DO I need to create a login page?

This topic contains 9 replies, has 3 voices. Last updated by  Eduan 3 years, 11 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Friday Jan 11th, 2013 at 1:31 am #36914
Andy C
Username: andy

Hi,

I think I’ve successfully set up the Membership Options page, and the Login Welcome page. I do see the S2Member login page. However, my question is, I want to create a page called “login” so that customers can just click on that page and log in. I’m using a WordPress theme from Elegant Themes, and they have a template called login, which I have used for my login page that I created.

My question is – this log in page is different from the S2Member log in page, right? I guess I’m confused as to how I can get the S2Member login page to appear as one of of my WordPress pages.

Hope that made sense.

Thanks

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 9 replies - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Friday Jan 11th, 2013 at 9:09 pm #37060
Eduan
Username: Eduan

Hello Andy,

Let me clear something up. The login/registration page that s2Member uses is exactly the same one WordPress uses. If you have the pro version you can have the register page anywhere however. But you can’t change the location of the login page (unless you’re using the s2Member pro login widget).

Now, if your current theme provides a login template then it will work fine with s2Member as long as it works fine with WordPress.

Hope this answers your question. :)
– Eduan

Posted: Friday Jan 11th, 2013 at 10:37 pm #37070
Andy C
Username: andy

Thanks!

Posted: Saturday Jan 12th, 2013 at 7:40 pm #37192
Eduan

No problem. Glad I was able to help. :)

Posted: Thursday Jan 17th, 2013 at 10:33 am #37883

Hey Eduan,

I have a similar problem, but i have created some custom profile fields using s2member and they show up but are “not” being required. I do have that option set to yes. any ideas why this is not setting the wp-login to throw an error for not filling them out?

Thanks

Greg

Posted: Thursday Jan 17th, 2013 at 9:38 pm #37992
Eduan

Hello Greg,

During their creating you need to set that value/field as required, otherwise it will not be required by s2Member. :)

– Eduan

Posted: Thursday Jan 17th, 2013 at 10:47 pm #38001

Thanks for your reply eduan, I do have those fields set to be required. But if I leave them blank on the login the donmotnpost errors up for letting men leave them blank. I am using wp, sItelmIle auctIon theme, wp-ecommerce and s2members.

Ifnthe are filledniutbthe fields show up in users.

But the are not being required, it’s like a main flag is not set.

Posted: Friday Jan 18th, 2013 at 10:21 pm #38242
Eduan

Could you please try following these steps?: Knowledge Base » Common Troubleshooting Tips

– Eduan

Posted: Saturday Jan 19th, 2013 at 8:31 am #38304

Eduan,

Thanks fornyour help. I found that it was my theme, for some reason it had a folder called login register and was using settings from that? after commentIng that folder out of hIs php It Is workIng as It should. I am working with the theme developer to fix.

Thanks

Greg

Posted: Sunday Jan 20th, 2013 at 1:53 pm #38439
Eduan

Glad you found the problem Greg!

Just out of curiousity, what theme is it? I’m maintaining a list of themes/plugins that have problems with s2Member. :)

– Eduan

Viewing 9 replies - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.