latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Do not buy s2Member if you…

Home Forums Community Forum Do not buy s2Member if you…

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice. Last updated by  Tom Black 4 years ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Wednesday Dec 19th, 2012 at 10:15 am #35067

…want to accept recurring credit card payments from users without a PayPal account and do not yet already have an approved PayPal Pro account.

I’m know from my research this has not clearly been stated in the s2 documentation or forum anywhere (probably something to do with the business link between s2 and PayPal and the unwillingness to integrate with any other provide, i.e. Worldpay and SagePay….).

The point is, if you use the Express Checkout API in any part of the transaction process and want to create a PayPal recurring payment profile on a user’s credit card without your customer having a PayPal account, you cannot do it without PayPal Pro (which is £40 a month in the UK).

Don’t get me wrong, s2Member is very good… I just want to make sure people are not making the same mistake of going through all the setup and endless searches in this forum to find out this information. Even if you think you’ve found a ‘workaround’ mumbled solution from a developer on here, it’s just not possible.

Get PayPal Pro setup FIRST!

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.