latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Do you need a Player to embed video?

Home Forums Community Forum Do you need a Player to embed video?

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice. Last updated by  Quentin Pain 3 years, 3 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Friday Sep 20th, 2013 at 7:37 pm #59731

This has got to be really simple to solve. My question is do you need a player to stream a video in S2Member? (I don’t want to use one if possible, keeping it really simple is my preferred route). Here’s what I have done so far.

Set up Amazon S3. Uploaded a video. Added a public permission so I could check it was working OK. Put the raw URL from Amazon straight into a post. Result, video plays, but stops after a while (the buffering just gives up).

So I followed your instructions and added CloudFront plus my key sets to S2Member. That went perfectly and it auto setup a new distribution.

Trouble is, the video doesn’t show at all when I set it to Authenticated permission (using the same URL as I did for just S3). Do you have a really simple step by step for embedding a video? I don’t need any of the bells and whistles, just the simplest of steps to get a video streaming and protected using Amazon S3 and Cloudfront.

Thank you for any pointers.

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.