latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Documents and Audio Files not restricted

Home Forums Community Forum Documents and Audio Files not restricted

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Cristián Lávaque 3 years, 7 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Friday May 24th, 2013 at 8:38 pm #50584

I have pages on my website set up in restricted access to paid members only. The page restrictions are working fine, but the documents and mp3 audio files I upload to those restricted pages are freely available to anyone who has the actual url of the file. How do I restrict access to all the files within a restricted page?

thanks

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Saturday May 25th, 2013 at 8:38 pm #50637

You’d have to protect those files too. See: [hilite path]Dashboard -› s2Member® -› Download Options[/hilite]

Posted: Monday May 27th, 2013 at 9:18 pm #50730

Thank you. I need help understanding how to link the file. If I have a file named “samplefile.pdf” how would I link it? My site is infectionconnection.net so it looks like it would be:

http://infectionconnection.net/?s2member_file_download=samplefile.pdf

Is this correct?

Posted: Wednesday May 29th, 2013 at 4:11 am #50797

Yep, that’s correct. You can also link without the query variables in the URL, like this: http://infectionconnection.net/wp-content/plugins/s2member-files/samplefile.pdf

That may be helpful for some media players that don’t like variables in the URL. See: [hilite path]Dashboard -› s2Member® -› Download Options -› Advanced Mod-Rewrite Linkage[/hilite]

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.