latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Does S2Member Modify Core WordPress Files?

Home Forums Community Forum Does S2Member Modify Core WordPress Files?

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Cristián Lávaque 3 years, 7 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Sunday Jun 9th, 2013 at 8:05 am #51698
Victor Font
Username: vfontjr

I apologize if this has been asked before. I’ve searched and couldn’t find an answer. Since my server was hacked a few days ago, I added the Sucuri monitoring tool to alert me to changes. Since I had to do a fresh install of the WordPress core files yesterday morning, I know I had installed a pristine copy. Yet today the monitoring tool reports that 4 core files have been changed because their checksums don’t match the pristine versions. The 4 files are:

wp-admin/user-new.php
wp-includes/load.php
wp-includes/ms-functions.php
wp-login.php

When I look in these files and diff them against the pristing versions, I see this comment:

// Modified for full plugin compatiblity.

Notice compatibility is spelled incorrectly as well. Is this change something s2Member does or is it changed because of a backdoor left on my system? If it’s a change from the plugin, may I ask that you indicate as much in the comment by adding:

// Modified for full plugin compatibility.–s2member

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Tuesday Jun 11th, 2013 at 12:14 am #51729

I think s2Member modifies those for a multisite network. See: [hilite path]Dashboard -› s2Member® -› Multisite (Config) -> Patches[/hilite]

Thanks for pointing out the typo. And I’ll forward your suggestion to Jason.

Posted: Tuesday Jun 11th, 2013 at 12:30 am #51735
Victor Font
Username: vfontjr

Thank you Cristián. You are correct.

Posted: Tuesday Jun 11th, 2013 at 12:40 am #51737

Cool. Thanks for the update. :)

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.