latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Double submit paypal button

Home Forums Community Forum Double submit paypal button

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices. Last updated by  Cristián Lávaque 3 years, 10 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Tuesday Feb 19th, 2013 at 2:33 pm #42506
jt22
Username: yoda22

Sometimes, the form generated from the Paypal Pro-Form allows for “double” submission. When a user finishes filling out their CC info and clicks the “Submit Form” button, if they click it again while processing, Paypal will generate two payments profiles. Although only one of those profiles will sync back to the user via the s2meber plugin, PayPal now has 2 profiles for which it will charge a user monthly. I then have to cancel one of those manually (again, this only happens about once a month), which sends the user a confusing cancellation message.

My question is, what steps can I take to prevent this? Does it involve papyal or is it the s2meber form that needs adjusting? I know with jQuery you can disable a button once clicked to prevent double submits. I can probably implement that but I just want to know if there is another suggested solution, or if any other user has had this issue?

Thanks,
Joe

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Tuesday Feb 19th, 2013 at 3:54 pm #42513
Eduan
Username: Eduan

Hello Joe,

This, you could say, is actually a problem with the browser. You click the button and so the browser sends a request and stuff happens, however if you click that button again, it will send the request again, and so it can cause these problems.

Disabling it once it’s been clicked once is possible with jQuery, and perhaps is the best way to avoid this issue, besides having a faster internet connection. ;)

– Eduan

Posted: Wednesday Feb 20th, 2013 at 7:48 am #42566

I’d also suggest adding a note next to the button saying “click only once”, as some sites do in the payment step of the checkout. Knowledge Base » s2Member® Pro Forms » Customize

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.