latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Download options/restrictions question!?

Home Forums Community Forum Download options/restrictions question!?

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices. Last updated by  Cristián Lávaque 3 years, 10 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Saturday Feb 16th, 2013 at 2:27 pm #41959
Shegy
Username: shegy

Hi guys,

i tested free version of S2member, like it so far a lot and will probably go for Pro version, but need a bit of assistance.

my idea for membership offer is like this (we offer zip files to download):

level 0 – free membership – unlimited access to free files ( set in subfolder in s2member-files folder)
level 1 – basic membership- access to 3 restricted files monthly
level2 – premium – unlimited access to all files

I set it all with download restriction and it works fine except this one thing. I`d like level 1 to have unlimited access to free files as well, but “download restriction” of 3 files per month for level 1 seems to be applied to the free files also. I thought that level 1 would be granted “99999999” access to level 0 as it`s higher, but somehow limitation set for level 1 supersedes the level 0 setting.

Please let me know if i`m doing something wrong or is there any other way to do it.

Thanks,

Shegy

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Monday Feb 18th, 2013 at 9:02 am #42253
Bruce
Username: Bruce
Staff Member

Thank you for your inquiry.

It sounds like what you need to do here is set up free subscribers to be given 0 downloads, and use the information provided in s2Member’s Advanced Download Options to grant access to specific files that everyone should have access to. You can do this by generating a key.

See: Dashboard -› s2Member® -› Download Options -› Advanced Download Restrictions

You can then set Level 1 to 4 downloads, and Level 2 to unlimited downloads, and there should be no conflict.

Posted: Wednesday Feb 20th, 2013 at 4:20 am #42555
Shegy

Hi,

thanks for reply.
I already considered Advanced Download Options, but if i got it right from the videos the “keys” will override all the restrictions!?
I wouldn`t like to have my “free files” available for non members. So, they should be at least “free subscriber” to get them.
Is that possible with Advanced Options?

Regards,

Shegy

Posted: Thursday Feb 21st, 2013 at 1:40 am #42647
Bruce
Username: Bruce
Staff Member

Thanks for the follow-up.

I wouldn`t like to have my “free files” available for non members. So, they should be at least “free subscriber” to get them.

You can protect these links with Shortcode Conditionals.

See: Dashboard -› s2Member® -› API / Scripting -› Simple/Shortcode Conditionals

Posted: Friday Mar 1st, 2013 at 7:07 am #43457
Shegy

Hi,

here i`m again.
I set it up using Shortcode Conditionals, but the problem is that freebie download is still counted as download for level1 member and that`s bad. Intention was to grant access to level1 members to 3 (level1) protected files and to all the freebies.
You know what i mean?

What happens now is that when he downloaded 3 restricted files he is not able to download any freebies that should be available to all the members.

Can you help on this one?

Regards,

Marco

Posted: Tuesday Mar 5th, 2013 at 6:09 am #43748

Hi Marco.

If I understood correctly what you want, you can use the [hilite mono]count_against_user[/hilite] attribute. [hilite path]Dashboard -› s2Member® -› Download Options -› Shortcode Attributes & API Functions -> count_against_user[/hilite]

count_against_user=”no” Defaults to no with [s2File /] Shortcode. Defaults to yes with [s2Stream /] Shortcode. If count_against_user=”1|on|yes|true”, it will automatically force check_user=”true” as well. In other words, s2Member will authenticate the current User, and if authenticated, count this File Download URL against the current User’s account record in real-time (i.e. as the URL is being generated) . This is off by default with the [s2File /] Shortcode. By default, s2Member will simply generate a File Download URL, and upon a User/Member clicking the URL, s2Member will authenticate the User/Member at that time, count the File Download against their account record, and serve the File Download. In other words, under normal circumstances, there is no reason to set check_user=”true” and/or count_against_user=”true” when generating the URL itself. However, this is a useful Shortcode Attribute when url_to_storage_source=”true”. Please note, when check_user=”true” and/or count_against_user=”true”, the Shortcode will return an empty and/or null object value in situations where the current User/Member does NOT have access to the file.

I hope that helps. :)

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.