latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Download Restrictions – PayPal with [key]?

Home Forums Community Forum Download Restrictions – PayPal with [key]?

This topic contains 13 replies, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Eduan 3 years, 10 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Friday Feb 15th, 2013 at 11:55 am #41887
Bhati Jay
Username: jayb

Hello;

I need help figuring out a way to allow “pay to downloads” for guests. I know this has been asked here before, but please bear with me for a second.

When a guest visits one of my podcast topics, they get to listen to a clip and then have the options to: 1) become a paid member and have full access or 2) just pay for that particular mp3 and download it. How do I accomplish this? I have been combing the forum for answers but not quite what I wanted.

I have been playing with the “Specific Post/Page Access Restrictions”. In this case I could create a “Download Page” with all the links. But that’s not exactly what I want. I just want to give the guest the option to just download the file that they are interested in and nothing more.

Is it possible to somehow integrate the “&s2member_file_download_key=[Key]” functionality with this scenario? If so how do I create a link that will trigger a PayPal payment?

I would really appreciate your advice and/or input.

Thanks.
BJ

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 13 replies - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Friday Feb 15th, 2013 at 5:10 pm #41901
Bhati Jay

Anyone??

Posted: Saturday Feb 16th, 2013 at 4:34 pm #41972
Eduan
Username: Eduan

Hello Bhati,

Have you looked into s2Member’s download restrictions settings? You can find them under Dashboard -› s2Member® -› Download Options.

With them you should be able to put a little clip of the original file (this would be unprotected) and then if the user wants to he can pay in order to download the file.

– Eduan

Posted: Monday Feb 18th, 2013 at 1:19 pm #42298
Bhati Jay

Hi Eduan;

Thank you so much for replying. Yes I have looked in to what you suggested:

Have you looked into s2Member’s download restrictions settings? You can find them under Dashboard -› s2Member® -› Download Options.

With them you should be able to put a little clip of the original file (this would be unprotected) and then if the user wants to he can pay in order to download the file.

This is the part I cannot figure out. How do I format or configure that PayPal download link? Ok, here’s what I have;

[s2If !is_user_logged_in()]
(This is for guest whom I will give the option to pay to download.)
Here I display a player with a sample clip
Now I want to display a PayPal button to download the full podcast (This is the part I’m not sure how to do)
[/s2If]
[s2If current_user_can(access_s2member_level1)]
content for Premium Members here
[/s2If]

Thank you for your time.
BJ

Posted: Monday Feb 18th, 2013 at 3:02 pm #42315
Eduan

Well you would do something like this:

Here you put a PayPal button that gives access to a certain ccap (custom capability), in this case "full_podcast" and level 1.
[/s2If]
[s2If current_user_can(access_s2member_ccap_full_podcast)]
Then put the content for download and make it require that certain ccap, called "full_podcast" in this case.
[/s2If]

Understand? So basically make the user buy a ccap, and then restrict that download only if he has that ccap.

I hope this is not confusing. :)

Posted: Monday Feb 18th, 2013 at 6:13 pm #42352
Bhati Jay

Hi Eduan,

Looks like the code you gave isn’t showing up on the post. Can you please redo it?
Thanks
Bj

Posted: Monday Feb 18th, 2013 at 6:43 pm #42360
Eduan

Oops, yes sorry, forgot to disable the shortcodes. :P

I fixed it in my post above.

Posted: Tuesday Feb 19th, 2013 at 9:00 am #42475
Bhati Jay

Thanks Eduan! I will try what you suggested… fingers cross :-)

Posted: Tuesday Feb 19th, 2013 at 11:51 am #42490
Eduan

Let’s hope it works like you want it. :)

Posted: Tuesday Feb 19th, 2013 at 6:10 pm #42522
Bhati Jay

Eduan, Looks like your instruction might work… but, unfortunately I’m having PayPal issues.. I’m doing a live test, but each CC I enter @ PayPal is not working. It says “The credit card you entered cannot be used for this payment. Please enter a different credit card number.” I know this is not a s2Member issue… but wondering if anyone else experienced this..

Thanks

Posted: Tuesday Feb 19th, 2013 at 8:32 pm #42537
Eduan

I’m sorry to hear that. :(
Unfortunately I can’t provide any help. When you do solve it, hope my solution works for you. ;)

Posted: Wednesday Feb 20th, 2013 at 10:11 am #42585
Bhati Jay

Hi Eduan,

Thank you so much for your help. Problem is defenitely with PayPal.. I will post an update the moment I get through with PayPal.

BJ

Posted: Thursday Feb 21st, 2013 at 11:47 am #42740
Bhati Jay

Hello Eduan;

I still could not check my PayPal code live, but I still have some questions/confusions. Sorry! :-(

Here you put a PayPal button that gives access to a certain ccap (custom capability), in this case "full_podcast" and level 1.
[/s2If]
[s2If current_user_can(access_s2member_ccap_full_podcast)]
Then put the content for download and make it require that certain ccap, called "full_podcast" in this case.
[/s2If]
  • It seems like in order for this method to work, the user MUST to be a registered user, or will be asked to register after payment. Is that correct?
  • If so, will the user be assigned a level 1 with ccap (full_Episode)?
  • If so, is that mean they will have access to all level 1 PLUS level 1 + capp.??
  • In that case it’s a problem, because this “one-time-only-download-user” now has access to all of my premium member content. Correct?
  • If the above is true, am I correct in thinking that I have to protect premium content with something like;
    [s2If current_user_cannot(access_s2member_ccap_full_episode) AND current_user_can(access_s2member_level1)], each time I add premium content?

Thank you for your time.
BJ

Posted: Thursday Feb 21st, 2013 at 2:57 pm #42752
Eduan

Ugh… Logic… let me think a bit…

Hmm, yes, the user needs to be registered in order to have custom capabilities. In which case he needs to be at least level 0 in order for modification forms to be able to add ccaps.

The user does not need to upgrade/downgrade his level if he uses the buttons generated under Dashboard -› s2Member® -› PayPal® Buttons -› Capability (Buy Now) Buttons. Which only modify ccaps, no levels.

The logic would be born thinking this way. Basically, if the user isn’t registered just give him a trial video and a PayPal button to buy access to a certain ccap. Then you check if he has access to that ccap, if he does then offer a download link that also checks if the user has that ccap. Basically. ;)

– Eduan

Viewing 13 replies - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.