latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Downloads stopped working

Home Forums Community Forum Downloads stopped working

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices. Last updated by  CN 4 years, 6 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Sunday Jun 17th, 2012 at 5:01 pm #16737
CN
Username: mcmoney

S2member downloads have stopped working.

Example:

100mb .zip download will stop around 40 – 50mb.

I’ve tried directly downloading the file using the wp-content/plugins/s2member-files/ link, and it still fails.

I can move the same exact file into my home directory, wp-content directory – or any other directory, and the download will work.

The problem is occurring on all of my s2member sites and spans across 2 different servers.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Sunday Jun 17th, 2012 at 6:27 pm #16740
CN

I also noticed that downloads within the s2member-files folder will download at about 1/3rd the speed as in another directory. They’ll peak around 100 – 150kbps while other downloads not served by s2member will range from 300 – 800kbps.

Posted: Tuesday Jun 19th, 2012 at 4:53 am #16845

Hi CN.

They were working fine before? What changed in your site around the time this started happening?

Did you update other plugins? Have you tested deactivating other plugins one by one to see if the problem goes away with one of them?

Did you try the tips in this article? Knowledge Base » Resolving Problems with File Downloads

I hope that helps. :)

Posted: Tuesday Jun 19th, 2012 at 1:23 pm #16915
CN

Yes to all of those questions including the tips for resolving download troubles.

I ended up switching to aMember.

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.