latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

dripped content

Home Forums Community Forum dripped content

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices. Last updated by  Cristián Lávaque 4 years, 2 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Monday Oct 22nd, 2012 at 8:36 am #29240
Leo Woer
Username: lewo

Hi Cristián,

this seems that being what I am after – thank you.

Just one other thing then :

Let us say that I set up new content each month, and all new customers start with my first month (level 1), level 2 for next month, level 3 for next month …. and so on. How do I differ the content for each level with this sentence –

= 30){ ?>
Drip content to Members that started paying you at least 30 days ago.

I guess first of all I have to say <= 30 for level 1 – is the question mark which I have to replace with significa for the content ?

I might ask a stupid question, as I am not HTML/PHP expert yet, hope you can excuse me then.

I am aware that by using this I have to upgrade to Pro, so in that respect I have one extra question – will I be able to automatically give the member insight to what they can expect, if staying as member – here I mean, can I display in some way the first three lines and the thumbnail picture in a "upcoming" box ?

regards
Leo

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Wednesday Oct 24th, 2012 at 5:46 am #29476

Hi Leo.

You don’t need s2Member Pro for this feature, it’s already possible in the free version.

Yes, you can give a preview of what’s to come using the conditionals. This video may help understand conditionals better: Video » s2Member (Advanced Conditionals)

Let us say that I set up new content each month, and all new customers start with my first month (level 1), level 2 for next month, level 3 for next month …. and so on.

s2Member doesn’t do dripping giving new roles or capabilities to users as time goes on, instead the user remains at the same level, but you check how long they’ve been at that level to decide whether to show the content or not. That’s what the conditional is doing in the examples from the documentation.

Let me know if that helps. :)

Posted: Wednesday Oct 24th, 2012 at 6:07 pm #29595

I’m considering purchasing the multi-site version of S2Member for use with a BuddyPress site for my non-profit organization. Our membership site will provide members with a carefully structured 12-month coaching program that they must proceed through in a particular order, for which the dripped content feature seems to be perfect.

With regard to the timing of the dripped content, Cristián said:

the user remains at the same level, but you check how long they’ve been at that level to decide whether to show the content or not. That’s what the conditional is doing in the examples from the documentation.

My question is, if the user has failed to pay their membership fee for a month (or more), perhaps due to a declined credit card, but then they do pay their membership fee for the next month, will S2Member take that into consideration and only serve them the content for the period that they’ve actually paid for, or for the entire period since they first signed up?

i.e., If a member pays for the first two months, then their card is declined in months 3 and 4, but then they pay again in month 5 — when their membership is reactivated, they should receive the content for month 3 ONLY, not for months 3, 4, and 5.

Does S2Member allow for that kind of control?

Thanks in advance. :)

Posted: Thursday Oct 25th, 2012 at 12:20 am #29604

will S2Member take that into consideration and only serve them the content for the period that they’ve actually paid for, or for the entire period since they first signed up?

The period since the signup, unless you change the conditional. But payments aren’t being logged by s2Member yet, so you’d need to keep your own payment logs (probably using the payment notifications), to use in your more customized conditionals. [hilite path]Dashboard -› s2Member® -› API / Notifications -› Payment Notifications[/hilite]

Now, if you do choose to do a little customization, instead of logging the payments, what you can do is add a custom capability for each new month they pay, and protect the content with those.
Video » s2Member (Custom Capabilities)
Knowledge Base » Changing Roles/Capabilities via PHP

I hope that helps. :)

Posted: Thursday Oct 25th, 2012 at 12:30 am #29605

By the way, if you do use ccaps (custom capabilities), you’ll need to use a hack to avoid ccaps being removed on demotion and not have that problem.

Move the file s2member\includes\classes\auto-eots.inc.php to the /wp-content/mu-plugins/ folder and comment out this:

[hilite pre_code]
foreach ($user->allcaps as $cap => $cap_enabled)
if (preg_match ("/^access_s2member_ccap_/", $cap))
$user->remove_cap ($ccap = $cap);
[/hilite]

I hope it helps. :)

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.