latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Drop down menu for Level 1 payment options

Home Forums Community Forum Drop down menu for Level 1 payment options

This topic contains 7 replies, has 5 voices. Last updated by  Edson Galindo 3 years, 5 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Sunday Mar 4th, 2012 at 3:30 am #7213

Hello –

I am currently working on the Member Option page. I have several payment options that are all going to be level 1 and I want to know if I can create a drop down menu that allows a user to choose the subcription option they want to sign up for and just have one button to click, rather than have an individual button for each and every subscription option. For example, I’m going to have a Patron option at $35, a Regular member option at $25, a student option at $15, etc., but they are all going to be accessing Level 1. Is this possible to do?

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Sunday Jul 15th, 2012 at 3:22 pm #19308

Anne –

Did you ever get this figured out? I am trying to do the same thing. Multiple membership options in a drop-down menu.

Posted: Monday Jul 16th, 2012 at 1:25 pm #19382
Eduan
Username: Eduan

Hello Anne, Jennifer,

@Anne
Have any of you tried looking at custom capabilities (ccaps)? I believe they would work the way you wish:
Video » s2Member (Custom Capabilities)

@Anne, Jennifer
I can install a hack for you which will make a membership dropdown be available, only thing is I will have to know the exact memberships, prices (and maybe ccaps) that you will use.

Hope this helps. :)

Posted: Monday Jul 16th, 2012 at 2:39 pm #19395

Eduan-

I watched the video and it does not apply to my situation. In the video, Jason shows how to create multiple buttons under Level 1, but it still generates multiple buttons for each payment amount.

We have six membership types. A person who wants to join our organization should be able to select the membership type they wish to pay, fill out the registration form, click Submit, and be routed to PayPal.

Student/Senior $20.00 yearly
Basic $35.00 yearly
Not-For-Profits $50.00 yearly
Business $75.00 yearly
Patron $100.00 yearly
Benefactor $500.00 yearly

I don’t know what ccaps is? Also, I noticed that if I use the s2Member PayPal Pro-Forms, I get the Registration Form with all of my custom fields, but it also asks the member to enter their credit card information directly on the registration form. We do not want that. When I use the s2Member PayPal Buttons to generate the shortcode, there is only a button and no registration form! What we want is a registration form with all of our custom fields that has one submit button which goes to PayPal for the member to enter their credit card information (we don’t have a PayPal pro account). Any advice?

Posted: Thursday Jan 31st, 2013 at 6:31 am #40085

Did the proposed hack work? I have an almost identical scenario and would like to know how to do this.

My options are the following:
Individual / Sole Trader £40.00 GBP – yearly
Small Business (up to 5 staff) : £120.00 GBP – yearly
Small Business (up to 10 staff) : £250.00 GBP – yearly
Large Business (10+ staff) : £500.00 GBP – yearly
Large Business (10+ staff) : £500.00 GBP – yearly
Affiliate / Supporter : £25.00 GBP – yearly

Regardless of the type of membership every member gets the same access privileges so they can all be Level 1

Posted: Thursday Jan 31st, 2013 at 10:16 am #40145

Stewart – I was unable to get s2Member to do what my client needed and they switched to a different product (aMember Pro), which granted, is more expensive, but allowed them to set up their online membership registration.

Posted: Friday Feb 1st, 2013 at 4:19 am #40238

Jennifer Davis – thanks for the info much appreciated. Thats a pity, I’m surprised S2Member haven’t addressed this as it seem like it would be a very common request/requirement. Regards

Posted: Tuesday Jul 30th, 2013 at 2:15 am #54378

I have the same requirement. Has this been address yet? Similar to you Stewart I have different yearly prices for the same level access.

About the hack Eduan, is that still available.

Thanks

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.