latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Droppede content

Home Forums Community Forum Droppede content

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Leo Woer 4 years, 1 month ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Monday Dec 3rd, 2012 at 2:58 pm #33354
Leo Woer
Username: lewo

Hi there,
I have followed Your guidelines about controlling dripped content – and it works off course.
however I have a slight challenge which is I have articles send as posts each month and each new member can only see his month (and previous months) articles due to the script I have made, but the problem is, that the member can see all excerpts of the posts, even If he/she only can see the whole content if they have paid for the actual month and this can seem somewhat confusing.

Is there a way I can divide the posts into month1, 2,3 and so on ?

Rgds
Leo

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Monday Dec 3rd, 2012 at 3:25 pm #33359
Bruce
Username: Bruce
Staff Member

Hi Leo,

but the problem is, that the member can see all excerpts of the posts, even If he/she only can see the whole content if they have paid for the actual month and this can seem somewhat confusing.

Is there a way I can divide the posts into month1, 2,3 and so on ?

You may want to separate Posts into months by using tags or categories. You can then use the forms in Dashboard -› s2Member® -› Restriction Options -› Tag Access Restrictions and Dashboard -› s2Member® -› Restriction Options -› Category Access Restrictions to protect this content by month.

You can use the is_permitted_by_s2member() function to check if specific users can access posts, pages, tags, and/or categories through PHP.

If you’d like to provide more specific examples of what you’d like to happen I’d be happy to assist you further.

Posted: Thursday Dec 6th, 2012 at 8:00 am #33689
Leo Woer

Hi Bruce,

I have looked into it – but I don’t think this is the solution, as what I am after is :

1) all paying members of level 1 should have access to all posts dependent on their payments i.e.
a: when they have made first payment they have access to month 1, second payment gives them access
to month 1 and 2, third payment month 1,2,3 ….. an so on.

b: every post can have a special category, however posts from month 1 can have same category as month 3

2) have all month 1 posts on the home page, with the excerpt, so that everyone can see what they can get
access to if they sign up as member

3) have all other posts sorted by month (and this could be the tag), however, they should not be able to see the excerpts on the home page for all the following month – if I could have a box where it says content month 1, month 2 …. and so on, and then when they click they can see the excerpts, however they should only be able to see the content if their payments are in sync with the actual month – however, the last item is easy to do with the former scripts I have got from you, so this is just a script in front of each post.

On other question which struck me regarding how to restrict content in relation to their payments – I use following script :

<?php if(S2MEMBER_CURRENT_USER_PAID_REGISTRATION_DAYS < 30 ){?>
    <h3>Ooops ! Acces to this content will be available after next months payment or if you are a lifetime member</h3>
<?php } elseif(S2MEMBER_CURRENT_USER_PAID_REGISTRATION_DAYS >= 30 OR S2MEMBER_CURRENT_USER_ACCESS_LEVEL >= 4){?>
    Drip content to Members that started paying you at least 30 days ago or 
    membershiplevel =4.
<?php } ?>

And regarding this I need to know if the paid registration days also cover a 14 days trial – if so, how then I need to have 45 days instead of 30, however, this gives the next challenge, how do I then differ between a customer who has signed fully up from the start without a trial, as this customer only should have 30 days in. ?

Hope you can help me here.

regards
leo

Posted: Thursday Dec 6th, 2012 at 1:52 pm #33722
Bruce
Staff Member

On other question which struck me regarding how to restrict content in relation to their payments – I use following script :

<?php if(S2MEMBER_CURRENT_USER_PAID_REGISTRATION_DAYS < 30 ){?>
    <h3>Ooops ! Acces to this content will be available after next months payment or if you are a lifetime member</h3>
<?php } elseif(S2MEMBER_CURRENT_USER_PAID_REGISTRATION_DAYS >= 30 OR S2MEMBER_CURRENT_USER_ACCESS_LEVEL >= 4){?>
    Drip content to Members that started paying you at least 30 days ago or 
    membershiplevel =4.
<?php } ?>

And regarding this I need to know if the paid registration days also cover a 14 days trial – if so, how then I need to have 45 days instead of 30, however, this gives the next challenge, how do I then differ between a customer who has signed fully up from the start without a trial, as this customer only should have 30 days in. ?

You could try adding the custom capability “trial” to users that signed up with a trial, and not adding it to users that didn’t. Set a variable at the top of the page in PHP, and use that for content dripping instead.

Like this:

<?php
if(current_user_can('access_s2member_ccap_trial'))
	$time = -14;
else
	$time = 0;

$time + S2MEMBER_CURRENT_USER_PAID_REGISTRATION_DAYS = $drip_time;

if($drip_time >= 30) { ?>
	They should have access to month one
<?php } ... ?>

2) have all month 1 posts on the home page, with the excerpt, so that everyone can see what they can get
access to if they sign up as member

This is something you’ll have to set up outside of s2Member. You’ll need to edit the loop in your theme.

3) have all other posts sorted by month (and this could be the tag), however, they should not be able to see the excerpts on the home page for all the following month – if I could have a box where it says content month 1, month 2 …. and so on, and then when they click they can see the excerpts, however they should only be able to see the content if their payments are in sync with the actual month – however, the last item is easy to do with the former scripts I have got from you, so this is just a script in front of each post.

You will want to use the is_permitted_by_s2member() function for this.

Posted: Thursday Dec 6th, 2012 at 2:20 pm #33729
Leo Woer

Hi Bruce,

thank you for the help – regarding the post restriction – I found a solution based on your hints – I installed the plugin taxonomity drop down, and then I can display all the pages based on tags, and then I implemented a tag called month 00, and used the tag restirction area, where I restricted all tags from month 01 and forward to only level 1.

Im am not sure I understand your answer re. the trial, could I ask you to explain it in another way ?

regards
Leo

Posted: Thursday Dec 6th, 2012 at 3:42 pm #33753
Bruce
Staff Member

thank you for the help – regarding the post restriction – I found a solution based on your hints – I installed the plugin taxonomity drop down, and then I can display all the pages based on tags, and then I implemented a tag called month 00, and used the tag restirction area, where I restricted all tags from month 01 and forward to only level 1.

Great, glad to hear it.

Im am not sure I understand your answer re. the trial, could I ask you to explain it in another way ?

When you create your Pro Form / Button for access with a trial, add the Custom Capability “trial” to the shortcode, so that you can differentiate between users that signed up with a trial, and those that did not.

You can then use the code that I posted to subtract 14 days from the s2Member Paid registration time for users that signed up with a trial.

Posted: Thursday Dec 6th, 2012 at 4:19 pm #33766
Leo Woer

I see – perfect thank you

Leo

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.