latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Dual DB: particip,records,alerts,toggle price

Home Forums Community Forum Dual DB: particip,records,alerts,toggle price

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Bruce 3 years, 9 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Monday Mar 11th, 2013 at 8:07 pm #44291
Jim Hayzlett
Username: shi1haz

Hello Support,
I am planning my first Database website (similar to a small, limited Craigslist for wholesale furniture) where Participants/stores input their Wholesale/Inventory ITEMS for sale such as: Living room: couch/chair/table/lamp, Black/brown/green, size, price range, ZIP CODE, etc…including pictures. I have no plans for a forum.

Other Participants/stores will SEARCH the site to find ITEMS to purchase. Retail/casual users can see listings, but not prices…they must buy thru their local furniture store.

Please advise if your S2Member-Pro Plugin will offer the following:
1. Dual Database: 1 for participants and 1 for wholesale items listed for sale.
2. Participants will make payment for each ad, prior to listing the details of the item. (not a membership payment) Envisioning: start record (including email)~ make payment~ thank you email gives link to complete the record and make future changes like pricing.
3. From #2 above, participant may want to list multiple items at once…so, start x records~make payment for for all x~ thank you email includes access to complete all x records.
4. If items can be separated or listed/ room: ie living room furniture, bedroom, kitchen, etc…
5. If distance/radius can be searchable: ie 5 or 15 miles from location or zip code, etc.
6. Participants see the wholesale prices listed, but retail clients/users prices will be hidden.
7. Allow participant an option/button to temp turn off the prices to show list to retail client.
8. Alert or notice to participant when a certain item becomes listed: ie waiting for black coffee table, etc…

I hope all these are possible. If not, such as radius search, maybe recommend additional plugins… I look forward to using your plugin.
Thank you for your support.
Jim H

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Thursday Mar 14th, 2013 at 11:41 am #44619
Jim Hayzlett
Username: shi1haz

Hey Guys,
It seems like you skipped over me. :-)
Thanks for a reply,
Jim Hayzlett

Posted: Friday Mar 15th, 2013 at 5:27 pm #44755
Bruce
Username: Bruce
Staff Member

Thanks for the bump on this thread.

Sorry for the delay.

Please advise if your S2Member-Pro Plugin will offer the following:
1. Dual Database: 1 for participants and 1 for wholesale items listed for sale.
2. Participants will make payment for each ad, prior to listing the details of the item. (not a membership payment) Envisioning: start record (including email)~ make payment~ thank you email gives link to complete the record and make future changes like pricing.

The first thing I’d like to mention here is that s2Member does not offer front-end posting for Users. This is functionality that would need to be added outside of s2Member, either through custom code or another WordPress plugin.

You may want to try this one: User Submitted Posts

4. If items can be separated or listed/ room: ie living room furniture, bedroom, kitchen, etc…
5. If distance/radius can be searchable: ie 5 or 15 miles from location or zip code, etc.
6. Participants see the wholesale prices listed, but retail clients/users prices will be hidden.
7. Allow participant an option/button to temp turn off the prices to show list to retail client.
8. Alert or notice to participant when a certain item becomes listed: ie waiting for black coffee table, etc…

The plugin you choose to accomplish this will also need to be in control of displaying your list of items. This is out of the scope of what s2Member is capable of. However, I can tell you what s2Member is capable of helping you with:

Creating User Accounts

s2Member is not a shopping cart plugin. In your original post you mentioned that the items that will be listed on your site will not actually be sold on your site. This makes things easier for you, as s2Member does not currently support the functionality that would be needed to do this easily (it’s possible, but will take much more work).

Are you planning on having members sign up to see your listings, as well as post listings? Will Users need to pay for access?

If you are having Users sign up to see listings, you will want to enable Open Registration or provide access to a Free Registration Form (s2Member Pro). Alternatively, if Users need to pay to see listings, you will need a PayPal Button / PayPal Pro Form to grant access to viewing listings.

See the following:

Dashboard -› s2Member® -› General Options -› Open Registration
Dashboard -› s2Member® -› PayPal® Pro Forms -› Free Registration Forms
Dashboard -› s2Member® -› PayPal® Buttons -› Membership Level # Buttons

Granting Access to Forms

Though you need to have another plugin to generate the form to allow Users to post, s2Member will still have a role here. You will still need to decide when a User can see the form to create a new Listing and when they should not, as well as allowing Users to checkout and generate the ability to post. To accomplish this I’d recommend using Custom Capabilities. You can use s2Member’s Capability (Buy Now) Forms/Buttons to sell access to a Custom Capability that your form to have Users post should be restricted with.

For example, you might sell Custom Capability post_listing, and have a Post that’s protected with this Custom Capability. On this Post would be your form to create a listing. The only portion of this that would not be automated without custom code would be removing the Custom Capability after the User posts a listing. For this you can use the information in the below article for removing this Custom Capability automatically when a User posts a listing:

Knowledge Base » Changing Roles/Capabilities via PHP

In this case, with the Custom Capability post_listing, you would need to put the following code snippet in your Thank-you page for after the user has posted a listing:

<?php
$user = new WP_User(get_current_user_id());
$user->remove_cap("access_s2member_ccap_post_listing")
?>
You’ll need a PHP Execution Plugin to make this work. Try ezPHP:

Knowledge Base » ezPHP Plugin for WordPress®

I hope that all makes sense. Please let us know if you have any further questions/concerns.

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.