latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Duplicate Return-Data with clickbank link

Home Forums Community Forum Duplicate Return-Data with clickbank link

Tagged: 

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices. Last updated by  Cristián Lávaque 3 years, 5 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Tuesday Jul 23rd, 2013 at 10:17 am #53883
Inoxys
Username: Inoxys

Hi,

I’m implementing clikbank payment in “test” mode with fake CB numbers.

When payment is done, clickbank send to the customer an email with bill informations. This email contain the following link : “Click here to get you product…” (or something like that, mine is in french) http://accounts.clickbank.com/goto/?51ee88a5CP3NF7XE

When I click on it, I’m redirected to my customized “clickbank-return.php” page. And i get this error : “Page Expired: Duplicate Return-Data. Please contact Support if you need any assistance.”.

The customer could click on it too, so what can I do to avoid it or what is wrong?

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Wednesday Jul 24th, 2013 at 4:54 am #53964
Bruce
Username: Bruce
Staff Member

When payment is done, clickbank send to the customer an email with bill informations. This email contain the following link : “Click here to get you product…” (or something like that, mine is in french) http://accounts.clickbank.com/goto/?51ee88a5CP3NF7XE

This link redirects to a return URL of s2Member’s for a specific transaction. The URL that the User is sent back to changes from transaction to transaction, so s2Member can tell transactions from one another. If anyone has accessed the URL before they are sent there, it will throw this error.

I can’t tell you exactly what the problem is, because I’m not sure how you’re generating these links. But that is the reason you’re getting this error.

Posted: Thursday Jul 25th, 2013 at 4:11 am #54011
Inoxys
Username: Inoxys

I can’t tell you exactly what the problem is, because I’m not sure how you’re generating these links. But that is the reason you’re getting this error.

It’s not my link, but the clickbank’s link. I don’t generate it by myself.

Let’s see a scenario: the customer validates payment on the clickbank payment page. Then he is redirected to the clickbank-return.php. But he doesn’t read the message because he thinks it’s juste a confirmation message and closes the browser. He receives the email from ClickBank containing the link “Click here to get you product…” and is redirected again to clickbank-return.php with the error message “Duplicate Return-Data…”. And the customer is lost.

What do you think about this scenario?

Posted: Friday Jul 26th, 2013 at 8:36 am #54146

You should generate your ClickBank order button/link using s2Member’s shortcode for it. [hilite path]Dashboard -› s2Member® -› ClickBank® Buttons[/hilite]

You need to have the ClickBank integration configured, of course. [hilite path]Dashboard -› s2Member® -› ClickBank® Options[/hilite]

During testing, I recommend that you enable logging. [hilite path]Dashboard -› s2Member® -› Log Files (Debug) -› Logging Configuration[/hilite]

If you need to use the buttons outside WordPress, see: Knowledge Base » ClickBank buttons outside the site with s2Member

I hope that helps. :)

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.