latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

dynamically protected content

Home Forums Community Forum dynamically protected content

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Cristián Lávaque 4 years, 2 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Monday Oct 29th, 2012 at 5:29 pm #30098

I know it’s possible to protect a portion of the content through the use of short codes, but I’m wondering if it would be feasible to set up something so that the shortcode is inserted dynamically after the second paragraph (or functionality with the same effect)

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Tuesday Oct 30th, 2012 at 2:00 pm #30177

Hi Bryan.

That may be possible filtering the content to add the condition, I guess. Maybe a hack similar to those that add teh “more” tag to every post, could be customized for this.

Posted: Tuesday Oct 30th, 2012 at 5:38 pm #30217

hmm – maybe it would make more sense to use an action hook to save the first 2 paragraphs into the excerpt field, and then protect the entirety of the content field.

Posted: Wednesday Oct 31st, 2012 at 5:48 pm #30263

You mean the excerpt when you use the “more” tag?

If you use the more tag, then an excerpt would be shown in the archives or home page, even if the actual page is protected (if you allow this in the Alt Views protection setting), but that won’t show excerpt in the actual page because the person will be redirected to the Membership Options page.

To protect just part of a page/post, you need to use conditionals.

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.