latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

e-mails not sent & ccbill-dl-ipn.log failed

Home Forums Community Forum e-mails not sent & ccbill-dl-ipn.log failed

This topic contains 6 replies, has 3 voices. Last updated by  Jason (Lead Developer) 3 years, 10 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Friday Jan 25th, 2013 at 7:54 pm #39573

update: problem seems fixed, but other issue in 2nd forum post below…

This month we had to upgrade our server, and now all of a sudden we are no longer able to have the 2nd step registration e-mails sent. I’ve made sure that SMTP is configured properly, and I can see that WordPress is able to send out e-mails properly, through our google account branded email. I haven’t changed any of the settings within s2Member or CCbill, but we have upgraded the version of WordPress and s2Member recently.

The server scan seems fine: http://beautifulobscene.com/s2Member-check-my-server.php

Is there a way to generate a test of whether s2Member on its own can send out e-mails?

The odd thing is, creating test accounts with the dummy cc bill credit card is triggering cc bill notification e-mails, but doesn’t seem to be creating all the proper log files. It’s not creating a PayPal-IPN.log or a ccbill-dl-ipn.log file.

Here’s the most recent readouts from the log files we do have:

ccbill-ipn.log

PHP v5.3.18 :: WordPress® v3.5.1 :: s2Member® v130123 :: s2Member® Pro v130123
Memory 32.73 MB :: Real Memory 33.00 MB :: Peak Memory 32.81 MB :: Real Peak Memory 33.00 MB
beautifulobscene.com/?s2member_pro_ccbill_notify=1
User-Agent: 
array (
  'customer_fname' => 'cUrl',
  'customer_lname' => 'change',
  'email' => 'fakegray@gmail.com',
  'username' => '',
  'password' => '',
  'productDesc' => '',
  'price' => '$99.99 for 365 days',
  'subscription_id' => '0113025502000000029',
  'denialId' => '',
  'clientAccnum' => '945076',
  'clientSubacc' => '0000',
  'address1' => 'by consant',
  'city' => 'portland',
  'state' => '',
  'country' => 'US',
  'phone_number' => '',
  'zipcode' => '97206',
  'start_date' => '2013-01-25 16:57:49',
  'referer' => '',
  'ccbill_referer' => '',
  'affiliate' => '',
  'reservationId' => '',
  'referringUrl' => 'http://beautifulobscene.com/join/',
  'reasonForDecline' => '',
  'reasonForDeclineCode' => '',
  'formName' => '146cc',
  'cardType' => 'MASTERCARD',
  'responseDigest' => '523f44d738ec0cf908c475903cd7cd70',
  's2_desc' => 'Annual / description and pricing details here.',
  's2_customer_ip' => '24.21.191.187',
  's2_invoice' => '1::1 Y',
  's2_custom' => 'beautifulobscene.com',
  's2_p1' => '0 D',
  's2_p3' => '1 Y',
  'typeId' => '0',
  'initialPrice' => '99.99',
  'initialPeriod' => '365',
  'recurringPrice' => '0',
  'recurringPeriod' => '0',
  'rebills' => '0',
  'initialFormattedPrice' => '$99.99',
  'recurringFormattedPrice' => '$0.00',
  'ip_address' => '24.21.191.187',
  's2member_log' => 
  array (
    0 => 'IPN received on: Fri Jan 25, 2013 11:57:56 pm UTC',
    1 => 's2Member POST vars verified with ccBill®.',
    2 => 'ccBill® transaction identified as ( `NON-RECURRING/BUY-NOW` ).',
    3 => 'IPN reformulated. Piping through s2Member's core/standard PayPal® processor as `txn_type` ( `web_accept` ).',
    4 => 'Please check PayPal® IPN logs for further processing details.',
  ),
)

ccbill-rtn.log

PHP v5.3.18 :: WordPress® v3.5.1 :: s2Member® v130123 :: s2Member® Pro v130123
Memory 32.38 MB :: Real Memory 32.50 MB :: Peak Memory 32.44 MB :: Real Peak Memory 32.50 MB
beautifulobscene.com/?s2member_pro_ccbill_return=1
User-Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:18.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/18.0
array (
  's2member_log' => 
  array (
    0 => 'Return URL processed on: Fri Jan 25, 2013 11:57:57 pm UTC',
    1 => 'Piping through s2Member's core/standard PayPal® processor with `proxy_use` ( `ty-email` ).',
    2 => 'Please check PayPal® RTN logs for further processing details.',
    3 => 'http://beautifulobscene.com/?s2member_pro_ccbill_return&s2member_paypal_return=1&s2member_paypal_proxy=ccbill&s2member_paypal_proxy_use=standard-emails%2Cty-email&s2member_paypal_proxy_verification=1359158277-691bba8783aa65d67d7166de54ed89f6',
  ),
)

paypal-rtn.log

PHP v5.3.18 :: WordPress® v1964 :: s2Member® v130123 :: s2Member® Pro v130123
Memory 34.04 MB :: Real Memory 34.25 MB :: Peak Memory 34.16 MB :: Real Peak Memory 34.25 MB
beautifulobscene.com/?s2member_pro_ccbill_return&s2member_paypal_return=1&s2member_paypal_proxy=ccbill&s2member_paypal_proxy_use=standard-emails%2Cty-email&s2member_paypal_proxy_verification=1359158277-691bba8783aa65d67d7166de54ed89f6
User-Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:18.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/18.0
array (
  'proxy_verified' => 'ccbill',
  's2member_log' => 
  array (
    0 => 'Return-Data received on: Fri Jan 25, 2013 11:57:57 pm UTC',
    1 => 's2Member POST vars verified with a Proxy Key',
    2 => 'Customer must wait for Email Confirmation `proxy_use`: ( `ty-email` ).',
    3 => 'Redirecting Customer to the Home Page. Customer must wait for Email Confirmation `proxy_use`: ( `ty-email` ).',
  ),
  'subscr_gateway' => 'ccbill',
  's2member_paypal_proxy' => 'ccbill',
  's2member_paypal_proxy_use' => 'standard-emails,ty-email',
  's2member_paypal_proxy_verification' => '1359158277-691bba8783aa65d67d7166de54ed89f6',
)
  • This topic was modified 3 years, 11 months ago by  Gray Ayer.

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Friday Jan 25th, 2013 at 8:26 pm #39578

Actually, after my 2nd insistence to my hosting company (constant.com) that they disable cUrl, it now seems to be working. I got the proper “Congratulations! ( your membership has been approved )” email to the test account. But the recommended plugin, Email Log, didn’t seem to log this. Any idea why?

Posted: Sunday Jan 27th, 2013 at 6:15 pm #39737

My hosting company also made this change:

“The fix we put in place was to add a host entry to the hosts file. The s2member code was attempting to make an http request back to itself and was failing because it was using the public IP instead of the server’s private IP. The fix is still in place.”

Is there a way to avoid having s2member do this?

Posted: Wednesday Jan 30th, 2013 at 3:35 am #39987
Staff Member

Thanks for the follow-up :-)

“The fix we put in place was to add a host entry to the hosts file. The s2member code was attempting to make an http request back to itself and was failing because it was using the public IP instead of the server’s private IP. The fix is still in place.”

I’m glad to hear they got this fixed for you. If the server cannot reach itself over the HTTP protocol, there is a definitely a server configuration issue that should be resolved. It sounds like they resolved this for you. It sounds like it’s a hack, but perhaps they’ll consider this for future reference.

An HTTP request sent from anywhere, when it references your domain name (which is the case with s2Member®), should be performed with an IP obtained via a DNS lookup, and not resolved locally. It sounds like your server was attempting to resolve an outgoing HTTP request locally, simply because the domain matched up with your own.

Email Log, didn’t seem to log this. Any idea why?

No, I’m really not sure. What email log are you speaking of exactly?

Posted: Monday Feb 11th, 2013 at 5:40 pm #41422

Hi Jason, sorry about the long wait in response, life got busy….

When I was speaking about the “email log”, i mean that S2member membership approval e-mails are not logged by your recommended plugin to do this.

Continuously, our customers are complaining that they are not receiving the confirmation e-mails that allow them to create a new user account once they have paid. I have followed all of your instructions to set up the e-mail log plug-in, and I can see that e-mails from WordPress itself are being sent out, such as contact form messages, and e-mail from other plug-ins.

In fact, when testing out the registration and purchase process with a test account given to me from CCBill, I received the correct confirmation message in my inbox, but it wasn’t logged. As suggested, I’m using the plug-in WP-Mail-SMTP in order to reconfigures the wp_mail() function to use SMTP instead of mail(). I just changed the option to ” Use the PHP mail() function to send emails”, in my test account confirmation message is still sent out, but not logged.

I’m trying to figure out whether customers are not getting these e-mails at all, or simply whether they are getting sent out that end up in the spam box.

Posted: Wednesday Feb 13th, 2013 at 11:59 pm #41652
Bruce
Username: Bruce
Staff Member

Thank you for your reply.

I’m forwarding this to Jason to take a look at.

Posted: Thursday Feb 14th, 2013 at 1:19 am #41665
Staff Member

Thanks for the follow-up :-)

In fact, when testing out the registration and purchase process with a test account given to me from CCBill, I received the correct confirmation message in my inbox, but it wasn’t logged. As suggested, I’m using the plug-in WP-Mail-SMTP in order to reconfigures the wp_mail() function to use SMTP instead of mail(). I just changed the option to ” Use the PHP mail() function to send emails”, in my test account confirmation message is still sent out, but not logged.

I’m trying to figure out whether customers are not getting these e-mails at all, or simply whether they are getting sent out that end up in the spam box.

I understand. So let’s first take a look to be sure that s2Member’s post-processing routines are succeeding on your installation. To find this out, we need to first look at your ccbill-ipn.log file which you posted above.

's2member_log' => 
array (
  0 => 'IPN received on: Fri Jan 25, 2013 11:57:56 pm UTC',
  1 => 's2Member POST vars verified with ccBill®.',
  2 => 'ccBill® transaction identified as ( `NON-RECURRING/BUY-NOW` ).',
  3 => 'IPN reformulated. Piping through s2Member\'s core/standard PayPal® processor as `txn_type` ( `web_accept` ).',
  4 => 'Please check PayPal® IPN logs for further processing details.',
),

This looks good. Now we need to inspect your paypal-ipn.log file as well (s2Member’s core processor). You should find a line in that log file which specifically states that s2Member sent an email, and to whom the email was sent. If you upgrade to s2Member® v120213 or higher, you will find that we have a new Log Viewer.

See: Dashboard -› s2Member® -› Log Files (Debug)

If this is getting difficult to track down, please submit a Dashboard login and I’ll review your log files and run diagnostics for you. Please use: s2Member® » Private Contact Form

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.