latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Each Client has own specfic portal

Home Forums Community Forum Each Client has own specfic portal

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices. Last updated by  Bruce 3 years, 4 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Monday Aug 12th, 2013 at 10:40 am #55578
Val Andrews
Username: wendt

We are considering purchasing your plugin for use for our corporate site, which is based on WordPress. Before purchasing though, I do have a few questions.

1.) Does the plugin allow us to have unlimited clients?
2.) Will each client be able to have their own separate area for information specific to them? I see that you have “membership levels”, but just want to confirm that each of our clients can only see documents specific to each of them once they login.
3.) Do you offer a customizable layout/login?
4.) Can we have control over creating customer accounts? We don’t want just anyone to be able to register, we want to provide our customers with login credentials, so that we have control over who does and does not have access to the “customer portal area”. I don’t see a need for any of our customers needing to pay to login, is having paying customers requirement?
5.) In the default configuration, where area documents hosted? On the local web server?
6.) How are file uploads and downloads “secure”? Are file transfers encrypted?
7.) Do you offer support packages for business? If we have a “production down” scenario, what kind of response time can we expect?

Ultimately we would just like each of our clients to have their own “area” so that when they login, they only see information specific to them, is this possible? Also, for our clients not to have to pay for registering to login or pay to be a member of the site.

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Thursday Aug 15th, 2013 at 2:11 am #55814
Bruce
Username: Bruce
Staff Member

Thank you for your inquiry.

I’m very sorry for the delay in response.

1.) Does the plugin allow us to have unlimited clients?

Yes. Neither s2Member or WordPress puts any limitations on the number of Users that you can have.

2.) Will each client be able to have their own separate area for information specific to them? I see that you have “membership levels”, but just want to confirm that each of our clients can only see documents specific to each of them once they login.

Yes, you can set up a Page on your site that uses some of s2Member’s dynamically-generated information for Users to show them information specific to their account. There’s a lot of information on how you can accomplish this in this part of your Dashboard when you have s2Member installed:

Dashboard -› s2Member® -› API / Scripting -› PHP/API Constants

You may also want to take a look at these parts of the Dashboard for clarification when you first get started with s2Member:

Dashboard -› s2Member® -› General Options -› Login Welcome Page
Knowledge Base » Simple Shortcode Conditionals

3.) Do you offer a customizable layout/login?

You can customize your login/registration page in this part of s2Member’s backend in your WordPress Dashboard:

Dashboard -› s2Member® -› General Options -› Login Registration Design

Or, if you have s2Member Pro, you can use Pro Forms on the front-end of your site, which conform to the style of your theme.

4.) Can we have control over creating customer accounts? We don’t want just anyone to be able to register, we want to provide our customers with login credentials, so that we have control over who does and does not have access to the “customer portal area”. I don’t see a need for any of our customers needing to pay to login, is having paying customers requirement?

If you’d like to create Users manually, you can do that directly through the WordPress Dashboard.

5.) In the default configuration, where area documents hosted? On the local web server?

I’m assuming you mean documents that you might make available to Users through s2Member. This is in a directory that’s created when you install s2Member called /s2member-files/. There is full documentation on this in the Download Options section of the Dashboard.

6.) How are file uploads and downloads “secure”? Are file transfers encrypted?

s2Member does not secure uploads. You upload your files via FTP, which is password protected by your hosting environment.

s2Member’s file downloads are protected by Membership Level. Downloads are tracked and if a User tries to access a file that they do not have access to, they are prompted with an error. There is further information on this here:

Dashboard -› s2Member® -› Download Options -› Basic Download Restrictions

7.) Do you offer support packages for business? If we have a “production down” scenario, what kind of response time can we expect?

No, currently we only offer support through our Customer’s forum. Our support policy for this forum is detailed here:

s2Member® » Support Policy

Posted: Friday Aug 16th, 2013 at 2:31 pm #56051

Can you tell me prior to downloading the plugin if there is a way for the plugin to allow a preview of content and then a type of “READ More” button for people to see a teaser content and then when they click Read More they are redirected to Membership Options or Registration?

I want to be able to use the levels of access but also tease with content as well.

Any help is appreciated.
-Sandra

Posted: Friday Aug 16th, 2013 at 11:01 pm #56064
Bruce
Username: Bruce
Staff Member

Can you tell me prior to downloading the plugin if there is a way for the plugin to allow a preview of content and then a type of “READ More” button for people to see a teaser content and then when they click Read More they are redirected to Membership Options or Registration?

I know that many Users have done this in the past, but this is something that is done through the theme. s2Member will allow you to provide an excerpt of a Post/Page in something like your homepage or a list of your Posts, but any time that a User tries to access the actual URL of a protected Post/Page s2Member will redirect to the Membership Options Page.

You may also want to take a look at this Knowledge Base Article on Shortcode Conditionals, because if you want to only show part of your content for Users without access to content, you can do that with these too:

Dashboard -› s2Member® -› API / Scripting -› Simple/Shortcode Conditionals

Just to clarify, you can use Shortcode Conditionals if you want the Read More link to be shown on the actual Post/Page when the User tries to access it. If you want the Read More link to show up for previews of the Posts/Pages in your theme’s Post list, then that is something that has to be done through your theme.

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.