latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Easier Way To Protect Videos Using CloudFront

Home Forums Community Forum Easier Way To Protect Videos Using CloudFront

This topic contains 7 replies, has 2 voices. Last updated by  James Hollis 4 years, 5 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Sunday Jul 8th, 2012 at 8:42 pm #18633

On my membership site, I will have lots of video content that I currently display using the jwplayer plugin.

Today, I set up CloudFront successfully and I am able to protect video content utilizing the JWPlayer/RTMP CloudFront Integration example code provided, even from the Firefox plugin, Download Helper. This is awesome!

With that being said, using the example php/html code inside all the posts is extremely difficult since I really need to utilize the wordpress visual editor for control over post formatting.

Is there a way to configure a custom player in the JWPlayer plugin to utilize a shortcode to protect my video content so it can’t be downloaded? I have played around with the mod rewrite examples as well as giving JWPlayer Plugin the location of the RTMP server instance (it’s quite possible I’m not providing the the right name for this) but when I play the video, I am still able to download it (using Firefox Download Helper plugin).

I’m just looking for direction in making it easier to embed video so it’s protected from download using CloudFront.

Help!

Jim

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Monday Jul 9th, 2012 at 5:31 am #18655
Posted: Thursday Jul 12th, 2012 at 5:09 pm #19075

Hey Philly,

Sorry to take so long to get back to you so I could thank you for the shortcode.

After learning about shortcodes, I got everything working without any difficulties.

You mention in the thread that you can integrate this with the jwplayer plugin. Can you lead me in the right direction for doing this?

Shouldn’t I be able to specify a RTMP streamer in the jwplayer plugin advanced options section? I’ve played around but I’m not sure how to do this or what to use for the URL when using the jwplayer plugin.

Jim

Posted: Friday Jul 13th, 2012 at 4:39 am #19135

Hi Jim,

Sorry I meant the jw plugins like analytics and HD rather than the wordpress jw plugin.

Although it appears to work with the wordpress plugin I think the limitation comes with the rtmp bit and I don’t think s2member is able to create the signed url for it to work.

Posted: Friday Jul 13th, 2012 at 6:14 am #19146

Got it! Thanks again for the reply. It’s appreciated.

I’ll just work on customizing the appearance of the player inside your code. Cheers!

By the way, have you run into any problems with Internet Explorer 9 and RTMP streaming. Testing on other browsers worked fine. IE9 will play my other videos (i.e. – Using jwplayer plugin) but doesn’t display anything when using rtmp streaming.

I’ll do research today on this issue but if you know anything off the top of your head, please let me know. I’m not a fan of IE but it will be the primary browser used by my member audience.

Cheers,

Jim

Posted: Friday Jul 13th, 2012 at 6:54 am #19152

IE9 Update…

rtmp streaming works with php code placed directly inside the post but not with shortcode. I’ll continue working on – if you have any ideas let me know.

Cheers

• This reply was modified 4 years, 5 months ago by  James Hollis.
Posted: Friday Jul 13th, 2012 at 9:03 am #19168

Thanks Jim,

I’m not able to test at the moment. Perhaps look at the source code of the different methods to see what difference its outputting

Posted: Saturday Jul 14th, 2012 at 6:41 am #19238

I did find the problem. I had to remove the comma at the end of this line:

width: ‘.$width.’, height: ‘.$height.’,

[EDIT to original reply]

I also had to wrap id=videoplayer inside a div tag:

<video id="videoplayer"></video>

changed to:

<div id="videoplayer"></div>

Thanks for all your help and support.

Cheers!

Jim

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.