latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Easy Google Analytics Question

Home Forums Community Forum Easy Google Analytics Question

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Bruce 3 years, 4 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Sunday Aug 18th, 2013 at 1:30 pm #56112

I’m using Domain Level Google Analytics (from Dreamhost)

Just wanted to confirm a couple things:

1) When a user hits the page they’re not qualified for, is GA tracking a hit onto the Membership Options page (with a bunch of SQL appended)?

2) If so, why am I registering more unique visitors on protected pages than I have members, by a factor of 10? Is this rampant account sharing or an error in GA? Any way I can lock down on account sharing (which I’m sure happens)?

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Tuesday Aug 20th, 2013 at 5:50 am #56237
Bruce
Username: Bruce
Staff Member

Thank you for your inquiry.

If you take a look at Google Analytic’s documentation here, the program will track the URL that is redirected to rather than the URL that a User tries to access when a redirect occurs:

https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/1009614?hl=en

2) If so, why am I registering more unique visitors on protected pages than I have members, by a factor of 10? Is this rampant account sharing or an error in GA? Any way I can lock down on account sharing (which I’m sure happens)?

I’d say it’s probably your members accessing your pages. What page is it? If it’s the Login Welcome Page, or a popular page like a place that Users use to download your software or documents, it might make sense that there are more visits there than to your Membership Options Page, especially if you do not have very much protected or there are no direct links to protect content.

s2Member’s protection against sharing accounts is done through tracking the IPs Users use to log in. The options for that are here:

Dashboard -› s2Member® -› Restriction Options -› Unique IP Access Restrictions

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.