latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

editing stand alone profile page

Home Forums Community Forum editing stand alone profile page

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Eduan 3 years, 10 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Wednesday Feb 27th, 2013 at 4:50 am #43279

Hi I was ondering if I could edit the stand alone profile page? I want to remove the option for the customer to change their password when updating their profile.
The reason being is that I’m suppling a protected spreadsheet which is passworded by me and emailed to the client but if the client changes their password and I make changes to the protected sheet and update with their old password (because I didn’t know they updated their profile) then they can’t access their protected sheet.
I want to remove the change password field from the modify profile stand alone page so all that the client can update is their name, address etc but not password.
Can you tell me where this form is because I’ve looked through my files on my file manager and can’t find which form this is?
Thanks. Claude

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Thursday Feb 28th, 2013 at 11:57 am #43421
Eduan
Username: Eduan

Hello Claude,

You mean, you want to remove the password field from the profile shortcode s2Member provides? Or from the WordPress profile editing page?

– Eduan

Posted: Thursday Feb 28th, 2013 at 4:40 pm #43434

Hi
I want to remove it from the S2Member profile shortcode.
Rather than provide the pop up profile for clients to update, I’m providing the inline form as a tab on their membership page.
I want to remove the ‘new’ password field (type x2) if I can for the above reasons. If the client wants to change their password, they can always email me.

Thanks. Claude

Posted: Friday Mar 1st, 2013 at 10:49 pm #43563
Eduan

I see. In that case you can check s2Member’s codex and find what you need:
s2Member® » Codex (Source Code Docs)

You will most probably be looking for this:
http://www.s2member.com/codex/stable/s2member/profiles/package-summary/

– Eduan

Posted: Saturday Mar 2nd, 2013 at 5:41 pm #43643

Hi Eduan
I found the php file you pointed me to but I don’t understand what line to edit to remove ONLY the password fields from the profile form. I can’t see any lines that refer to the password field for me to remove or edit.
Hopefully I’m making sense in what I’m asking.
When a client wants to update their profile as a member on my site, I don’t want them to have the option to update their password on the profile form. They can update all other fields but I want to remove the last two fields on the profile form, the 2 password fields from the form.
Claude

Posted: Sunday Mar 3rd, 2013 at 4:59 pm #43673
Eduan

I’m afraid I can’t provide any help either. :/

It will be easier to just hide the password field using CSS. However using that method, if the user is tech savvy then he can easily change that CSS (client-side) in order to show it again.

– Eduan

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.