latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Editing the edit profile code to add some js

Home Forums Community Forum Editing the edit profile code to add some js

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Epix Media 3 years, 11 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Wednesday Jan 16th, 2013 at 9:35 am #37723
Epix Media
Username: epixmedia

Hi all, another one for you. Is it possible to edit the edit profile template that is called by the shortcode? I need to add multiple fields (ie a user can add the names of up to 10 members of staff) and I’d like to use “+” buttons to reveal the next field if its needed…

Can you let me know if you think this is/isn’t possible…

ta!

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Thursday Jan 17th, 2013 at 1:11 pm #37900
Staff Member

Thanks for your inquiry. ~ We appreciate your patience :-)

The file that controls output produced by [s2Member-Profile /], is located here:
/s2member/includes/classes/profile-in.inc.php

There are MANY hooks/filters in that file, so I would try to use those if you can. In other words, try to avoid making any direct edits to a source file (or as few as possible), because it can make it difficult to upgrade the software later down the road (i.e. you will have to implement your changes again each time you upgrade).

See also: Knowledge Base » Hacking s2Member® Via Hooks/Filters

Posted: Thursday Jan 17th, 2013 at 1:36 pm #37909
Epix Media
Username: epixmedia

Thanks Jason, I’ve decided to code up my own edit profile page as I need way to many custom options – still using s2member for my page protection though :)

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.