latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Email a friend function in registration form

Home Forums Community Forum Email a friend function in registration form

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices. Last updated by  David Welch 4 years, 10 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Friday Feb 24th, 2012 at 6:08 am #6241
Karl Larsson
Username: kn_lar

I am creating a site where the membership is free, but to sign up the users have to fill in email addresses to their friends to acknowledge the friends about the site. I wonder if it is possible to automatically send out an email to the friends when an user register? As it is now, I only have made custom registration fields that collect the emails and you have to find the emails in the user database and then send the emails automatically, which is quite messy, especially as you can’t order the users after registration date.

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Friday Feb 24th, 2012 at 9:13 am #6247
David Welch
Username: dwbiz05

Check out using the hook function to run this process during the registration when you have all the information.

My first suggestion would be this hook:

ws_plugin__s2member_after_configure_user_registration

This should run after all the normal s2member registration processing is done.

The following link is a good explanation about using hooks in wordpres/s2member:

http://www.s2member.com/codex/stable/overview-summary/#src_doc_overview_description

Hope that helps!

Dave

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.