latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Email Configuration problem resolved

Home Forums Community Forum Email Configuration problem resolved

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices. Last updated by  Peter Hall 4 years, 2 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Friday Oct 12th, 2012 at 9:36 pm #28282

Recently the option in the Email Configuration has a conflict message about email handling, and it is being grayed out.

I have tried deactivating several plugins, without good results.

The problem is that the email sent by my website has the name “wordpress@example.com”.

After searching for solutions, I have found Mail From plugin that allows changing the default wordpress@example.com email address.

After installing this plugin. the problem of the Email Configuration in s2member went away, and I can access now the options for the email config.

I wonder if maybe the default email used by wordpress conflicts with s2member?

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Saturday Oct 13th, 2012 at 11:37 am #28340
Eduan
Username: Eduan

Hello Jeffrey,

We are not afraid with any problems that s2Member might cause with WordPress. Did you deactivate all of your plugins and tried then?

Have you also tried to change your theme back to the default one? Which is TwentyEleven BTW.

– Eduan

Posted: Monday Nov 5th, 2012 at 2:57 pm #30663
Peter Hall
Username: summitss

I had a similar issue. My emails were sending fine until the latest release of WordPress was updated. I checked and resaved the mail settings from WP General options and S2Member and still had them coming from wordpress@.

I used the newer version WP Mail From II and have had no issues with it so far. Mail now comes from office@domain.com as I originally had it working.

I’m not sure why it changed but it was pretty annoying.

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.